Todays Quotes worth remembering.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Re: Todays Quotes worth remembering.

Post by Phnom Poon »

"All cruelty springs from weakness"
Seneca

monstra mihi bona!
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

"Attachment is the root of suffering."

The Buddha
Sherman's mate
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Sherman's mate »

Conquer the angry man by love.
Conquer the ill-natured man by goodness.
Conquer the miser with generosity.
Conquer the liar with truth.
The Dhammapada
The fool thinks he has won a battle when he bullies with harsh speech,
but knowing how to be forbearing alone makes one victorious.
Samyutta Nikaya I, 163
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

In Cambodia, where the golden rule applies: whoever has the gold, makes the rules. China has the gold, China makes the rules."

Has been the rule for the family all the time. Now part given to new mates.................for a price of course.
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

:assasin: Must be one of my all time favorites:
If the licences of companies found to be logging illegally [are] not revoked, “I will cut my own head off”.
As far as I remember, this was said by the Man Himself during an official speech around 2016, and widely quoted afterwards, not surprisingly.

This is not the original source, but it was cited in an article from a bumped up thread that I just saw here : newsworthy/more-how-save-cambodia-forests-t10309.html
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Also I found this funny too.

Admitting to past failures and turning a blind eye to the ever-growing deforestation issue in the Kingdom, Prime Minister HE yesterday announced the official transfer of the fisheries and forestry department to the control of the Agriculture Ministry.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic