Neighbour bitten by my dog.

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
DrRawBlueGreen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Neighbour bitten by my dog.

Post by DrRawBlueGreen »

Freightdog wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:41 pm Slightly off topic, but I'm slightly intrigued by the view that muslims don't keep dogs.
I discussed this with the other half who confirmed this thinking that muslims don't keep dogs. I'm intrigued because I know of a great many muslims (not in Cambodia) who not only keep dogs as pets, but in many cases have many dogs, not just one.
Right many moslems have dogs, especially for hunting. However, devout (not radical) moslems don’t
“If the world was a girl, I’d stick my d..k in the ground. F..k the World.”

“Borders do not make us safe rather they keep us as slaves”
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

Freightdog wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:41 pm Slightly off topic, but I'm slightly intrigued by the view that muslims don't keep dogs.
I discussed this with the other half who confirmed this thinking that muslims don't keep dogs. I'm intrigued because I know of a great many muslims (not in Cambodia) who not only keep dogs as pets, but in many cases have many dogs, not just one.
Ah yes, I never heard that muslims can't keep dogs. It may be true, never researched it, but I certainly know that many muslims in Europe (mainly the younger generation) keep dogs. Mainly Pitbulls, Staffordshire or this kind of breed fighting dogs (some of these breeds are outlawed now but then they mix them with another breed to stay ahead of the law).
Last edited by whiteribbon on Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
just noise, white noise
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

DrRawBlueGreen wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:50 pm
Right many moslems have dogs, especially for hunting. However, devout (not radical) moslems don’t
I don't think the Muslims in London or Brussels keep them for hunting.
just noise, white noise
DrRawBlueGreen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DrRawBlueGreen »

Probably not, but those in Muslim countries do keep them mainly for hunting. Ofc there are exceptions

John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

They keep them as guard dogs just like anyone else. And some fighting.

Silence, exile, and cunning.
DrRawBlueGreen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DrRawBlueGreen »

Unfortunately for fighting too and as Shepherds but also for hunting. But not really as guards for a house or so. I speak of the majority. There are always exceptions. My experience refers to Iraq and Iran.

Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by Queef »

I honestly struggle to understand a people group that think it's entertaining to watch their own dogs literally attack other humans, and rip up other animals. I understand the dog's behaviour, I don't understand the owners. That you have to threaten them personally with violence to break the behaviour bothers me. Ultimately the only way to stop the bullying is to be a bigger bully, which doesn't sit with my reasons for being here. I get that the national psyche was damaged by the genocide, but this is sub-human behaviour. I've been scolded by do-gooders for threatening nationals, but they don't have too many vicious dog attacks in the up-market boreys they inhabit.
This! Sub-human behavior though? Even if I know what you mean, watch out for the PC warriors. You're now on their radar!
Thanks for the legal advice. The dogs are gone. The machete isn't.
I shouldn't have to walk around with a machete to get my point across. I wouldn't walk around with a machete in my home country. It just blows my mind that I have to resort to such extreme solutions for the most simple things.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic