Bar hopping

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Jcml19
Expatriate
United States of America

Bar hopping

Post by Jcml19 »

Finally had the chance to stop by Bona's Pub last night and had a wonderfully chill time... Had several pass by while on a tuk tuk but made it last night. Live music and jolly great time.

Nice change up from the wild n crazy bars that specifically focus on oo

Great live music considering the other offerings. Jazz, blues and all n all nice jams ;-)
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Re: Bar hopping

Post by Phnom Poon »

Bona's Pub
Tell me more

monstra mihi bona!
Jcml19
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jcml19 »

It's a small bar with ac and live music... Very chill and music isnt obnoxiously loud. Patrons were chill.

Probably max capacity is about 25-30 peeps and seats outside, dont expect a large bar though.

Reminds me of a nyc bar without spending oodles of dinero
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Jcml19 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:59 pm It's a small bar with ac and live music... Very chill and music isnt obnoxiously loud. Patrons were chill.

Probably max capacity is about 25-30 peeps and seats outside, dont expect a large bar though.

Reminds me of a nyc bar without spending oodles of dinero
But i'm not going to divulge its location! :? Hint to those wondering where it is, if you Google "Bona's Pub" all will become clear! :Yahoo!:
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by bittermelon »

As a matter of interest what does a pint cost in an (average) NYC bar?
Jcml19
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jcml19 »

Hh u can find citywides for like $3-4 bucks (shot of cheap whisky n pbr/miller).. regular price 5-7 bucks depending on the beer type.

Places that serve citywide tend to be on the dive side... Nice place will run $6 n up... And yah should tip. Im lucky to have my frequented watering hole so i can get supah trashed for 25-30 bucks.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Jcml19 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:25 pm Hh u can find citywides for like $3-4 bucks (shot of cheap whisky n pbr/miller).. regular price 5-7 bucks depending on the beer type.

Places that serve citywide tend to be on the dive side... Nice place will run $6 n up... And yah should tip. Im lucky to have my frequented watering hole so i can get supah trashed for 25-30 bucks.
Sounds like a good place. How long have you owned it?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Jcml19
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jcml19 »

I wish i owned a bar in nyc... $500k startup cost... If i had that loose change id probably entertain a different biz. When it comes to booze, ill stick with being the drunk patron hahah
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic