British Banker Formally Diagnosed with PTSD Coming to Cambodia to Fundraise

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: British Banker Formally Diagnosed with PTSD Coming to Cambodia to Fundraise

Post by Spigzy »

Banker with PTSD?

Time for Chopper Reid to ride again.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
jaclu
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by jaclu »

RickyBobby wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:44 am It's an insult to the people that have real PTSD from real war.
That is a pretty weird and elitist perspective.
PTSD can be triggered by all kinds of traumatic experiences. Yes, it is often diagnosed in war-veterans, but it's not like it is a condition that only the vets can claim. The only military connection is that war tends to be hell and cause traumas for those taking part.

The women in war zones often suffer pretty horrific experiences, and they don't even have a team that would come in and try to get them out of there and give them professional care to try to help them move forward.

Another example: Imagine being continually raped and abused for years in a domestic violence situation until you finally get out, and then tell that victim that they don't deserve to be considered a PTSD...
bong.kuit
Expatriate

Post by bong.kuit »

newkidontheblock wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:15 pm

They get my respect to volunteering to go through all of it so I can have the freedom to go to places like the KOW.
Yeah, the poor American soldier that volunteered to fuck up whole countries for the benefit of the empire. So pity, nas.
And what do all those stupid peaceful countries and their citizens do, they can't travel anywhere...
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

jaclu wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:07 am
RickyBobby wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:44 am It's an insult to the people that have real PTSD from real war.
PTSD can be triggered by all kinds of traumatic experiences. Yes, it is often diagnosed in war-veterans, but it's not like it is a condition that only the vets can claim. The only military connection is that war tends to be hell and cause traumas for those taking part.

The women in war zones often suffer pretty horrific experiences, and they don't even have a team that would come in and try to get them out of there and give them professional care to try to help them move forward.

Another example: Imagine being continually raped and abused for years in a domestic violence situation until you finally get out, and then tell that victim that they don't deserve to be considered a PTSD...
I know, that's why I said I got it from being married.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

RickyBobby wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:49 am
jaclu wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:07 am

I know, that's why I said I got it from being married.
I totally agree, I sometimes have flashbacks of being dragged around the jewellery quarter by the ex franticly examining engagement rings before I could come to my senses, horrendous experience that I believe has left me scared for life :voilent1:
DrRawBlueGreen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DrRawBlueGreen »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:05 pm Birstall dad discusses mental health battle ahead of Cambodia trek

A ten-day trek through the wilds of Cambodia later this year won’t be the toughest test ever undertaken by Birstall dad Mark Waters.

The 34-year-old bank worker is setting out on the challenge to raise money for the mental health charity that helped him through some of the darkest days of his life during an ongoing 14-year battle with his own mental health.

“I really struggled for ten years. I used to go on huge drinking binges to block out the pain and would fall out with my wife because of it.

“One night I went out driving really fast, deliberately running red lights. I didn’t want to kill myself, but I just didn’t care. I think I wanted to hurt myself so that people knew I needed help.”

Anyone wishing to donate to the cause can do so by visiting his fundraising website at uk.virginmoneygiving.com/MARKWaters16
I don’t get what’s wrong about that. He cured from a disease and now he wants to help others.
“If the world was a girl, I’d stick my d..k in the ground. F..k the World.”

“Borders do not make us safe rather they keep us as slaves”
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic