Will Brexit hurt you in ways you havent thought of

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
la8rat
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Will Brexit hurt you in ways you havent thought of

Post by la8rat »

pczz wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:14 am Maybe we need an investment forum. I am quite happy with a constant 8% from prasac, no risk. When you look at how the tech boys have done up and down like a yoyo so if you bought or sold wrong you did not do so well. If you think the american stock market is going to rise forever then good luck. Bust follows boom.
Technically if you live enar a car factory voting for brexit caused your unemployment. if you do something that causes you to lose your job you don't qualify for benefits. Cannot wait for the tories to try that on when the shit hits
Ive never owned a share in my life. I work on a factory shop floor in the north of england. You mupets are debating stocks like you are doing something cool. I put my fucking job on the line because i think England should rule itself. I knew it was going to hit my holiday exchange rate and countless other things. But i still think its worth it. You cunts just want to profit from the situation.

And when its all over and you are counting your money.. youll forget the people who voted with their hearts not their portfolios.
A lie can get round the world faster than the truth can get its boots on.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

la8rat wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:31 am
pczz wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:14 am Maybe we need an investment forum. I am quite happy with a constant 8% from prasac, no risk. When you look at how the tech boys have done up and down like a yoyo so if you bought or sold wrong you did not do so well. If you think the american stock market is going to rise forever then good luck. Bust follows boom.
Technically if you live enar a car factory voting for brexit caused your unemployment. if you do something that causes you to lose your job you don't qualify for benefits. Cannot wait for the tories to try that on when the shit hits
Ive never owned a share in my life. I work on a factory shop floor in the north of england. You mupets are debating stocks like you are doing something cool. I put my fucking job on the line because i think England should rule itself. I knew it was going to hit my holiday exchange rate and countless other things. But i still think its worth it. You cunts just want to profit from the situation.

And when its all over and you are counting your money.. youll forget the people who voted with their hearts not their portfolios.
i do not have any stocks snd shares, and brexit has cost me my retirement.
you might lose your job, other people will lose their families. If you do not like the EU rules wait till you see the ones the Indians, americans and australian want us to obey to get a trade deal. Nothing is for frer
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

I think people who voted to leave believing miss information unfortunately.

Honda set to announce withdrawal from UK ahead of Brexit.
A number of companies will relocate their production as the UK approaches Brexit deadline

Honda is set to become the latest international company to pull out of the UK ahead of Brexit as it announced the closure of a car plant in southwest England that will cut around 3,500 jobs.

The Japanese giant has yet to make a formal announcement but British national officer for the Unite trade union, Des Quin,n told local media the move would have a "grave" impact on workers and their families and would "affect thousands of jobs in the extensive supply chain across the country".https://www.thenational.ae/business/eco ... t-1.827320
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

la8rat wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:31 am Ive never owned a share in my life. I work on a factory shop floor in the north of england. You mupets are debating stocks like you are doing something cool. I put my fucking job on the line because i think England should rule itself. I knew it was going to hit my holiday exchange rate and countless other things. But i still think its worth it. You cunts just want to profit from the situation.

Thanks, you've just reminded me why I left the UK years ago. :thumb:
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

Must be happy hour. So many misinformed posts from the usual suspects.

Without investment in stocks and shares, companies would be unable to borrow money to increase wages and production. Profitability does not come from stagnation.

Honda have clearly and categorically stated that their closing down the plant in Swindon had nothing to do with Brexit. Anyone who cannot see that the world is changing fast with the demise of the combustion engine must be blind. And it's not just the motor industry, it's anywhere production and labour costs are so expensive, it's better to move elsewhere like China or India. Reminds me of the miners blaming Margaret Thatcher for pit closures when the Labour Party had already put the boot in much harder and production costs of coal in the UK where 4 times higher than from South America.

Well, you all want a global market and an EU super state. Why do you think so many jobs have gone to countries like Romania? We even bought some Cadbury's chocolate from an outdoor market and it had "made in Romania" on it.
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

TOG wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:18 pm Without investment in stocks and shares, companies would be unable to borrow money to increase wages and production.
???

NEWS FLASH!

Or misinformed?

And one more thing, only an extremely stupid company will borrow money to increase wages.
JerryCan
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by JerryCan »

I'm not sure sure the combustion engine is on the fast track to demise. There's a lot of hype around electric vehicles for sure, and a shitload of positive reviews on a cars like Teslas and the like, but real world owners all tell a different story that Teslas are unbelievably unreliable and poorly put together and that almost no one buys one over something like a diesel family runabout.

Realistically in the near future we'll just end up getting Thai made shitbox Hondas instead with much worse QC for the same price.
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

JerryCan wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:56 pm I'm not sure sure the combustion engine is on the fast track to demise. There's a lot of hype around electric vehicles for sure, and a shitload of positive reviews on a cars like Teslas and the like, but real world owners all tell a different story that Teslas are unbelievably unreliable and poorly put together and that almost no one buys one over something like a diesel family runabout.

Realistically in the near future we'll just end up getting Thai made shitbox Hondas instead with much worse QC for the same price.
Tesla is not the be all and end all of electric cars. Tesla (IMHO) is a con artist. Intelligent? Yes. But a con artist never the less.

Advances in battery technology are in hyper drive. Already there are many battery powered aircraft and I think that in the next 10 years, you will see a quantum jump in performance from the new generation of batteries that are coming in. The elephant in the room will still be the need to charge these batteries and that will require massive infrastructure changes. A nice employment future for those who may have been thinking about coal mining or north sea oil exploration.

Although people never give much thought to life, the modern day computers/tablets/smart phones owe their existence to the car industry and yet the car industry will be the death of the combustion engine due to the drive on cleaning up the environment.

Car mechanics will be a thing of the past and sparkies will take over as car electricians rather than grease monkeys as car mechanics. Sad? Yes. I have 2 classic cars but maintain them myself as there are not any computer modules on board.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Not just your job, the jobs and livelihoods of many many people.

Well done for that, it'll be so worth it once we "tayk bk r cuntrey" and show the rest of the world just how quiet 'Rule Britannia' plays these days.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
TOG
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by TOG »

JUDGEDREDD wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:39 pm Not just your job, the jobs and livelihoods of many many people.

Well done for that, it'll be so worth it once we "tayk bk r cuntrey" and show the rest of the world just how quiet 'Rule Britannia' plays these days.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
And Project Fear raises it's head yet again. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic