Vietnam visa in Phnom Penh

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
alexzhoumin
Tourist
Vietnam

Re: Vietnam visa in Phnom Penh

Post by alexzhoumin »

If you got US passport, you are still able to apply for 1 year business visa, or 1 year tourist visa (3 months stay each visit) now.
Otherwise, you should apply for 3 months visa on arrival which cost 18 + 25 = 43 (3 month single entry tourist visa) or 28 + 50 = 78 (3 month multiple entry tourist visa). Perhaps it is cheaper than getting visa at the Vietnam Embassy.
johnny lightning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by johnny lightning »

I don't know why the time for visas has increased so much. A year ago I got my 3 month multiple in one day, now 5-7 days. Maybe increased vetting because of the Hanoi meeting? And I cannot understand why the authorities are making it more difficult and expensive both to tourists and people who want to live and work in VN. You would think, like most countries they would welcome more tourists and expats (well, the working ones anyway!).

Johnny
JerryCan
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by JerryCan »

alexzhoumin wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:28 pm If you got US passport, you are still able to apply for 1 year business visa, or 1 year tourist visa (3 months stay each visit) now.
Otherwise, you should apply for 3 months visa on arrival which cost 18 + 25 = 43 (3 month single entry tourist visa) or 28 + 50 = 78 (3 month multiple entry tourist visa). Perhaps it is cheaper than getting visa at the Vietnam Embassy.
Can that 1 year tourist visa be had at a local travel agency, or does one have to go to the embassy to apply for it?
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

JerryCan wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:00 pm
ExPenhMan wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:15 pm Cool. Thanks guys.

A friend just paid 1.8 million VND/$80US (up from previous 1.3 mln) for a single-entry 3-month extension here in VN. Cheaper in Cambodia!

5-7 working days though. Hmmm. OK, looks like a 10-day stay in PP.
1.8 mil isn't even $50, no?
No. 23,000 VND/$1US so 1.8 million is $80.
JerryCan
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by JerryCan »

:facepalm: Been in Cambodia too long. I plugged in 41000 and divided the 1.8 mil by it.
Kevin168
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kevin168 »

JerryCan wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:00 pm
ExPenhMan wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:15 pm Cool. Thanks guys.

A friend just paid 1.8 million VND/$80US (up from previous 1.3 mln) for a single-entry 3-month extension here in VN. Cheaper in Cambodia!

5-7 working days though. Hmmm. OK, looks like a 10-day stay in PP.
1.8 mil isn't even $50, no?

$78
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic