Spotlight on NZ

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Spotlight on NZ

Post by Anchor Moy »

Elections are coming up and it's NZ's turn to deny they've been spying on their citizens:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/s ... -greenwald

Suspense: will all be revealed to the public when Greenwald fronts up with the proof tomorrow as promised?

Is this the revenge of Kim Dotcom? Will Key resign if he's telling porkies? Will this affect the election outcome? Do the Kiwi voters even care about this?
Get your answers tomorrow.
flying chicken
Expatriate

Re: Spotlight on NZ

Post by flying chicken »

Having been from home for many years, I don't follow the news at home too often. Was talking with my childhood friend a few days ago he said there are quite a few arab/muslim nutters, the religious type where we grew up. Maybe its a good reason to spy?
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

where i work, there are many swarthy young chaps with well developed beards.
they are foreign students.
anyone of those little fucks could go haywire and if they do, i am ready.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Packed house at Auckland Town Hall tonight - special guests: Glenn Greenwald, Julian Assange and Edward Snowden.
Wow, I'm impressed - and they say nothing ever happens there. That should stir up a bit of shit.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2 ... pying-live
flying chicken wrote:Having been from home for many years, I don't follow the news at home too often. Was talking with my childhood friend a few days ago he said there are quite a few arab/muslim nutters, the religious type where we grew up. Maybe its a good reason to spy?
I think it's more likely just out of boredom. NZ likes to think it is a player in global politics. But just because nothing is happening, doesn't mean that it's ok to spy on people. It's not about spying on a nutter or two, the subject is indiscriminate mass surveillance.
According to Snowden, your friend is being spied on along with everyone else. :geek:

Article by Snowden:
https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2014 ... veillance/
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Isn't the management and politics of NZ run from a backroom in Canberra? You mean they have their own? Wow... who knew?

Edit: insert standard lame jokes of preference about the Council of Hobbits, etc. here.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic