Long Haired Tatooed Man Arrested for Burglary in Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: Long Haired Tatooed Man Arrested for Burglary in Phnom Penh

Post by Cam Nivag »

clutchcargo wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:24 pm A landlord by day and burglar by night.. breaking into people's houses to steal (presumably not his own tenants)...
Of course he'd steal from his own tenants.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Queef wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:45 pm
Duncan wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:33 pm
Queef wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:30 pmDammit

Who are you going to give your rent money to now ?
Should I even bother paying rent? No landlord, no rent. Right? The rest of the tribe is 8000 miles away from here sooo...
Wait until someone asks.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Cam Nivag wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:41 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:24 pm A landlord by day and burglar by night.. breaking into people's houses to steal (presumably not his own tenants)...
Of course he'd steal from his own tenants.
Nah, I can tell just by looking at him that he's an ethical gent...why would he shoot himself in the foot by not offering a safe haven for his guests? :stir:

Besides, he wouldn't want to use his 'burglary equipment' to damage his own property. Then again..maybe he has duplicate keys.. :twisted:
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by Queef »

Alright... He's not a deportee. He might look like one, but he's a local. I'm gonna sound like I'm his attorney over the next couple of lines so bear with me. I never got anything stolen from this place. I've been here for 14 months now. I wasn't the only foreigner when I first moved here. Even if we knew homeboy wasn't a saint, we never thought anything of it since nothing ever happened. I mean it's a family oriented building. People with good jobs were living here with their kids (just got home and all the units seem to be empty). I don't know if he has a gambling or drug problem. He doesn't look permanently cracked out or anything. I just know that he doesn't work and he's obviously not a hedge fund kid. The guy is very helpful though. He helped me out a few times and even picked up zig zags at the gas station for me once. I would've never thought that he was going around town robbing people's houses. Selling some dope here and there, yea. But robbing someone's house? Never.
I changed the all the locks on my door when I first moved in since I'm the subject of crippling paranoia. So even if he had some spare keys, he would've failed. I could've also asked the people back in the US to send the tape (I don't know how that security system is set up, but everything is remotely monitored. Whoever is in charge of monitoring this thing can even speak to the people at the scene in real time. Mind blowing).
Ok. I would be a shitty attorney. The guy is not the worse individual I've ever met. I have had worse landlords in the countries I've previously lived in. I mean they wouldn't rob people's places (who knows), but they would try to keep the damn security deposit and charge me extra even if I shampooed the goddamn carpet and repainted the whole fucking place by myself. Anyway, I don't what know what compelled him to do this.
BREAKING NEWS: They know him as "Lizard" and it's not his first booking. Burglarizing people's house is his actual nighttime job (my girl just texted me). He's all over the local news. I feel like a noob. Or a queef.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic