Introduce Yourself

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by John Bingham »

Hi, my name is John and I'm very interested in all that cool stuff about culture and art and temples and everything. I do guided tours for any of those interested. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
celia.rasbach
Tourist
Canada

Re: Introduction

Post by celia.rasbach »

I'm a short term visitor in Siem Reap, teaching English and taking Spanish lessons (really want to learn the language and have some free time now!) Don't know a single person in Siem Reap - can anyone suggest any way to get to know a few people here, maybe a bar or restaurant where strangers chat to each other? Is anyone interested in joining me on trips at th weekend to see the sites?

Lastly, a hear a bird chirping outside my window and there's a coconut hanging outside my door - are coconuts used as bird houses here?

Hope to hear from someone out there! :)
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Look for Siem Reap expat groups on Facebook.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
SaigonBilly
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Introduction

Post by SaigonBilly »

celia.rasbach wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:53 pm I'm a short term visitor in Siem Reap, teaching English and taking Spanish lessons (really want to learn the language and have some free time now!) Don't know a single person in Siem Reap - can anyone suggest any way to get to know a few people here, maybe a bar or restaurant where strangers chat to each other? Is anyone interested in joining me on trips at th weekend to see the sites?

Lastly, a hear a bird chirping outside my window and there's a coconut hanging outside my door - are coconuts used as bird houses here?

Hope to hear from someone out there! :)
Hi!

I was in Siem Reap only last month, nice place!

How do you like Cambodia so far, first time her?

I see that your fascinated by the bird and coconut.

how long you planning to stay?
It's all good or or it's no good!
:D :evil6:
LivinginParadise
Tourist
Canada

Post by LivinginParadise »

Hi! We are from Canada and so looking forward to retiring in Cambodia! Love long walks on the beach, biking, local pubs that serve cold beer. Excited about quiet and quaint....time to chillax and enjoy life! Cheers to all!
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

LivinginParadise wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:41 am Hi! We are from Canada and so looking forward to retiring in Cambodia! Love long walks on the beach, biking, local pubs that serve cold beer. Excited about quiet and quaint....time to chillax and enjoy life! Cheers to all!
Welcome! :beer3:
BigBee649
Tourist
Canada

Post by BigBee649 »

Hi everyone we are looking forward to Cambodia soon for our retirement. Looking forward to warm weather the culture and meeting some good friends.
Like biking, anything active see you all soon. Cheers :thumb:
MJMari
Tourist
Canada

Post by MJMari »

hi, I`m a good girl. I don`t like beer, but I love new people
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

MJMari wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:16 am hi, I`m a good girl. I don`t like beer, but I love new people

Ah, so your poison of choice is
Spoiler:
Tequila ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
crazyfourit
Tourist
Australia

Post by crazyfourit »

I have fallen in love with her, anyone in Siem Reap that can chat to me, might need a favour.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic