Pyramid selling in Cambodia?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Pyramid selling in Cambodia?

Post by Clutch Cargo »

bittermelon wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:59 am Met some girls a few years back who were quite excited about "Herbal-life". Got the impression- and that's all it was, nothing else to go on- that they were being sold the "Herballife way" in conjunction with South Korean pentecostal Christianity with it's "prosperity doctrine". If people get sucked into these schemes in developed countries poor uneducated Cambodians must really be an easy mark.
Amway? :Bravo:
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Anyone up for a tupperware party?
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

If you look on their facebook page, this company updated their address and phone number on 1 February.

How established is this company?
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

MLM is actually illegal in cambodia and most developed countries
Mister1107
Tourist
Afghanistan

Post by Mister1107 »

Herbalife is a scam

Do a google

Indicted by the DOJ in USA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
angsta
Expatriate
Congo

Post by angsta »

General Mackevili wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:52 pm I don't eat that nasty looking shit, but I do eat a lot of Indian buffalos and camel meat out here in the desert.

Buffalo definitely seems a bit leaner and hard, but the camel meat seems about the same as the beef I get, depending on the cut, but generally just pretty lean but no taste difference. Got something called 'beef shin' last night, though haven't eaten it.

Most are about $6 a kilo, and my fav is probably lamb. Fish is hit or miss, but my fav is salmon, which can be around $11 a kilo, if you buy the whole thing. Bought some 'black' looking tuna for about $2 a kilo, but I don't know if I'll eat it, as it looks pretty nasty. I bought one of those Foreman grills and the only cooking I do is throwing a bunch of meat/vegetables on it and calling it a day.

Fuck, I've derailed this thread that should be about the Cambodian HerbaLife stuff, my bad, Stiliko. :dragonchase:
Indian buffalo and camel meat? Just check the local Tamami and its Tesco range, failing that Lulu is quality. Lamb is decent but it can be expensive.

Herbal Life is big in the Philippines.
AinC reels off an eloquent and thought provoking monologue adlib
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

There's a big MLM operation going on in a big new office block in the area I've lived in for a long time. I suddenly noticed all these glamorous women in the neighborhood a year or so back. They all wear high-heels and smart suits, nothing wrong with that. I thought it was an acting or modeling school for a while. Then I found out otherwise. I found out that their boss doesn't chip in for the lift fees so these women have to take the stairs seven floors to their office. They sell these ridiculously-overpriced health supplements that come in fancy boxes. I think it's blatant exploitation and I feel sorry for anyone who is sucked in by these companies with their insidious and deceitful scams. I see all these young people drawn in by this crap, brainwashed and then out trying to convince all their friends that this is the way. The worst thing about these schemes is that they exploit vulnerable people and encourage them to get their friends involved. Eventually they lose all their friends too.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

General Mackevili wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:52 pm ... my fav is probably lamb.
They have lamb in the middle east?

Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

StroppyChops wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:33 pm
General Mackevili wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:52 pm ... my fav is probably lamb.
They have lamb in the middle east?
Have you never heard of the ship loads of Australian sheep headed for the Middle East?

StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Username Taken wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:39 pm Have you never heard of the ship loads of Australian sheep headed for the Middle East?
Yeah, a lot of those sheep are shipped out from my home state in Oz - I was trolling, poorly.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic