Thai visa for cambodian national?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Thai visa for cambodian national?

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

Can Cambodians get a tourist visa on arrival at Cham Yeam Border?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Thai visa for cambodian national?

Post by phuketrichard »

NO;
she can get a free 14 day visa exempt stamp.
if she wants stay longer needs get a tourist visa like everyone else..
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:03 pm NO;
she can get a free 14 day visa exempt stamp.
if she wants stay longer needs get a tourist visa like everyone else..
OK but they can enter Thailand via Cham Yeam border if only staying less then 14 days in thailand?
Ot Mean Loi
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ot Mean Loi »

Cambodian Nationals travelling on a valid Cambodian passport automatically get the visa-free ASEAN fourteen day (14) entry to Thailand and vice versa. Only entry to the Cambodian passport is an exit and entry stamp to establish date of entry to Thailand and date of exit from Thailand in accordance with the ASEAN agreement.

If longer stay is required, Cambodians just get a normal tourist or other class of visa from the Thai Embassy like all others.

OML
khmerre
Expatriate

Post by khmerre »

is it easy for Cambodians to get a 90 days tourist visa from the Thai Embassy ?
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

khmerre wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:22 am is it easy for Cambodians to get a 90 days tourist visa from the Thai Embassy ?
Not sure what visas are available to Khmer. Years ago the most you could get at thai embassy here was 60 days, but Saigon could do 90 days for europeans. i would be suprised if a cambodian can get more than 30 days and probably will need bank statements and so on. My friends Khmner gf was denied boarding at the airport because she did not have any cash with her for a 7 day stay so even the ASEAN rules can be busted.So many Khmer go to thai to work illegally they are not going to give a bar girl or clothes worker 90 days without proof of means of support, but having a western ATM sitting next to them might help :-)
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

pczz wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:38 am
khmerre wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:22 am is it easy for Cambodians to get a 90 days tourist visa from the Thai Embassy ?
Not sure what visas are available to Khmer. Years ago the most you could get at thai embassy here was 60 days, but Saigon could do 90 days for europeans. i would be suprised if a cambodian can get more than 30 days and probably will need bank statements and so on. My friends Khmner gf was denied boarding at the airport because she did not have any cash with her for a 7 day stay so even the ASEAN rules can be busted.So many Khmer go to thai to work illegally they are not going to give a bar girl or clothes worker 90 days without proof of means of support, but having a western ATM sitting next to them might help :-)
there is NO 90 day tourist visa for ANYONE, 90 days in a non immigrant ( O- retired, married or B working) and u need paper work to get it or be over 50 ( if in case of Retired)
easy to get a 60 days tourist visa for khmer an extend for 30 days ( 1,900 baht), nothing but ur passport
done it many times for my khmer gf ( an know others that do the same with their gf's) before she got her L-A 2 year visa
My friends Khmner gf was denied boarding at the airport because she did not have any cash with her for a 7 day stay
They asked for proof of her funds in PP airport? which airline? Have never heard of this happening.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:58 am
pczz wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:38 am
there is NO 90 day tourist visa for ANYONE, 90 days in a non immigrant ( O- retired, married or B working) and u need paper work to get it or be over 50 ( if in case of Retired)
easy to get a 60 days tourist visa for khmer an extend for 30 days ( 1,900 baht), nothing but ur passport
done it many times for my khmer gf ( an know others that do the same with their gf's) before she got her L-A 2 year visa
My friends Khmner gf was denied boarding at the airport because she did not have any cash with her for a 7 day stay
They asked for proof of her funds in PP airport? which airline? Have never heard of this happening.
back in 2011 I had a 90 day re-entry tourist visa from the thai consulate in hull, Uk This was i think only availablem in that consulate and also i think Calgary but has since been withdrawn. Airport was Phnom Penh, Airline was Bangkok Airways. .BF was already in BKK and had got delayed on business so she was going to join him for a week or so. I was there with her at the time with my gf who had no issues because she was travelling with a barang, but i doidn't have any cash and they wanted to see some green. Luckily we found someone she knew in the coffee shop who lent here $300 which she gave him back at checkin after they gave her the boarding pass. She did not have a return ticket becasue she was supposed to come back with him. Maybe she had overstayed previously or been too many times that year or something. have heard similar tales a few times but it does seem rare
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

PCZZ: NO u didn't.
there has NEVER been a 90 day tourist visa ever!!! at least not in the 34 years i have been here
60 days stay+ valid for 90 day from date of issue
back in 2011 there was a double entry tourist visa valid for 2 60 day stays (even a triple visa was than available.
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

Thanks for the help.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic