For Parents Estranged From Adult Children

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: For Parents Estranged From Adult Children

Post by cambo swa »

RickyBobby wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:01 pm Does this have anything in any way to do with Cambodia?
We divorce their mother. Then move to SEA. Then live with a Khmer girl younger than our children. Maybe this has more to do with Cambodia than we want to admit. Having your children ignoring you is not easy for some of us?
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Lol.

I'd rather speak to mine twice a year for a few hours, but one of them gets emotional if I don't call at least twice a month.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

cambo swa wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:34 am
RickyBobby wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:01 pm Does this have anything in any way to do with Cambodia?
We divorce their mother. Then move to SEA. Then live with a Khmer girl younger than our children. Maybe this has more to do with Cambodia than we want to admit. Having your children ignoring you is not easy for some of us?
I dont see it as a Cambodian issue.
Many foreigners do what is expected in their own country of them.
Than after the first group of kids is raised, want a change
No reason for the kids to stop contact.

I haven't spoken to, seen or heard from my dad since 1988.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

I used to ring my parents on Sundays from wherever I was in the world. I did this for 30 odd years. As it turned out I spoke to my Mum the day before she died suddenly. I then rang my Dad Sundays and Wednesdays (the last coupe of years in a home). We would talk about what ever he wanted to talk about and he looked forward to the calls.

I did this out of respect for their sacrifice raising me and giving me an education and a home. They where true country, salt of the earth, people who would do you a good turn but never a bad one.

Mum died at 81 and Dad at 91.

My kids only used to call when they wanted something and not to just say gday. Now i don't hear from them but always call them on birthdays . Different generation I guess even with communications so much cheaper and available these days.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic