Lazy Passapp Drivers.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Re: Lazy Passapp Drivers.

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

The worst is ones that agree a price, confirm they know the destination, go the wrong way, then can't find where to go until they eventually find it and then ask for more money due to their mistake.

I always ask and ask again to make sure I'm certain they've understood my questions and they're certain they know where to go, still happens but very rarely due to the beauty of apps
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

JUDGEDREDD wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:31 pm The worst is ones that agree a price, confirm they know the destination, go the wrong way, then can't find where to go until they eventually find it and then ask for more money due to their mistake.

I always ask and ask again to make sure I'm certain they've understood my questions and they're certain they know where to go, still happens but very rarely due to the beauty of apps

I think the worst are the ones who drive towards you to pick you up then stop 200 meters away and send a text saying "I'm here."
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Cam Nivag wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:39 pm
JUDGEDREDD wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:31 pm The worst is ones that agree a price, confirm they know the destination, go the wrong way, then can't find where to go until they eventually find it and then ask for more money due to their mistake.

I think the worst are the ones who drive towards you to pick you up then stop 200 meters away and send a text saying "I'm here."
Lol never had that, if the roads super shit fair enough but 200meters.. nah that's a cancel from me guy
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Cam Nivag wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:39 pm

We quite frequently get them calling to reassure us they're on the way. First few times it happened, we thought something was wrong, but I think they were just hungry enough to need the fare and were concerned we'd cancel.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

If they call it's an immediate cancel from me
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Sometimes they call to ask "Where are you?"
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

"Hello you call tuktuk"
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Cam Nivag wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:50 pm Sometimes they call to ask "Where are you?"
Yuh, I wonder about this. I've pinned my location on the map...why can't they see it on their map? Or, is it just to make sure you're actually there and waiting..boo!
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

clutchcargo wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:00 pm
Cam Nivag wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:50 pm Sometimes they call to ask "Where are you?"
Yuh, I wonder about this. I've pinned my location on the map...why can't they see it on their map? Or, is it just to make sure you're actually there and waiting..boo!
They can see it. They just can't read the map and find the pickup spot.
Equinix
Expatriate

Post by Equinix »

fax wrote:If they call it's an immediate cancel from me
Why?

They are probably worried you cancel their request, I don't see how that's a reason to cancel. Image

I still don't understand how these guys can't read maps. Especially using GPS. Lol
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic