'I can't find any peace here': Raised in the U.S. and deported to Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: 'I can't find any peace here': Raised in the U.S. and deported to Cambodia

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

3 lines of opinion is a substantive argument? 1 three syllable word, I bet you've been saving that for a while ... back to work before the headmaster catches you on the phone and takes it away from you again. haha you English teachers slay me with your Goodbye Mr Chips fantasies.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:17 pm 3 lines of opinion is a substantive argument?
Brevity is a virtue, you should try it.

Well, I've rolled around in the trough with you long enough, it's losing it's allure, have fun derailing your own thread. ;-)
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by Queef »

Cambodian hip hop. Not the best stuff out there. Still enjoyable.
If the Cambodian community is represented by LBC crips, expect to see more and more deportees. Most people I know back in South LA (the gentrifiers) find Cambodian males just as aggressive and dangerous as black males. That's saying something given the fact that Asians are the model minority in the US.
No, Cambodia Town is nowhere as bad as South Central or East LA. Cambodians (and other refugees) get preferential treatment when applying to community colleges and UCs. There are also scholarships available for refugees and their children.
There are plenty of organizations helping Cambodians in CA.

If you're out there killing people at 14, you deserve to be forgotten. Fuck your peace. Hope you never find it.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

OK I'm not a mod, but neither of you antagonists is the subject. Enough has become more than enough. Nurse the bruised egos at your favorite watering hole
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
DrRawBlueGreen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DrRawBlueGreen »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:13 am
DrRawBlueGreen wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:27 pm I bet if they were multimillionaires they wouldn’t be deported.
According to a 2014 survey of the New American Economy, around 9.5% of undocumented immigrants were entrepreneurs in 2014. This accounted for 912,472 people who were not only often hiring Americans but also generating $17.2 billion in business income each year. Even so, These entrepreneurs defy the stereotypes used by anti-immigrant politicians who state immigrants are replacing Americans in the workforce. The fact is, many of them are creating jobs.

www.forbes.com/sites/fernandafabian/201 ... -s-economy

I bet if you read a little you could learn something
Read what? Forbes? You mean that magazine that claims the richest people are bill gates and buffet? Thx for the recommendation I rather stay “uninformed”. You are right I don’t read that crap. Have fun
“If the world was a girl, I’d stick my d..k in the ground. F..k the World.”

“Borders do not make us safe rather they keep us as slaves”
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Where does the author get stats for his/her statement that "most" are deported for minor crimes?
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic