HELP! Korean Kookmin Bank stole all our 1.5 Million USD investment- Cambodia corruption at its best.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Lee.Howard
Tourist
United States of America

Re: HELP! Korean Kookmin Bank stole all our 1.5 Million USD investment- Cambodia corruption at its best.

Post by Lee.Howard »

We have gone through a few lawyers, one was recommended by the US Embassy and listed on the Embassy website.
You have no clue that the Cambodia lawyers do not work for a client, they work altogether as an inner team.
The case is already decided before any facts, whoever is bigger and has the connection is the winner regardless of how serious the crime is committed.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: HELP! Korean Kookmin Bank stole all our 1.5 Million USD investment- Cambodia corruption at its best.

Post by Spigzy »

You’re getting extremely repetitive now to the point of boredom. What legal action have you taken in South Korea with the parent bank and a proper legal system and regulator? None? Come back with a progress report on that- Cambodia, don’t trust anyone, especially lawyers and Kookmin bank, we get it. :thumbs up:
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Lee.Howard
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Lee.Howard »

RickyBobby wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:19 am The whole notion of this is terrifying and a warning to any other potential investors who would wish to make sizable investments that they cannot afford to lose.

If I understand this correctly, and correct me if I am wrong, you owned this property free and clear. An impostor used phony documents of ownership to get a bank to lend money, in your name, using your property as collateral. Is this correct?
A: {(We formed the Company, registered with MOC, and held the title. The whole scam is an inside job between the bank and its client)}

So then, you ended up unwittingly with a mortgage on your property, and were subject to bank demands for payment. As such, you didn't pay, as you were in protest and the bank commenced action upon you for default of the loan?
A: {(We have no clue of the loan application, Kookmin Bank granted the loan to a Bank client, an individual. Obviously, this individual did not pay a penny of the mortgage. What is abnormal is that Kookmin Bank waited for more than a year into the default, since day 1, before proceeding with foreclosure and seized my property)}

It progressed from a civil matter to a criminal action which necessitated your having to flee the country to save yourself from imprisonment.
A: {(Kookmin Bank is so powerful that they can buy Phnom Penh Court to issue warrants for our arrest, me and my wife (she only visited Cambodia ONCE for few days), despite the facts we have done nothing but investment, all funds were legally wired in from the US.)}

It is incredible this could actually happen, and I wonder how and why the government and law enforcement does not wish to investigate any of this properly for the fraud that it is?
A: {(Which government? clean one? what law enforcement? they will not investigate until your pay $$$, even if you pay, there is no guarantee that they will investigate against a giant Kookmin)}

Have you hired legal representation and commenced legal action against any and all suspected perpetrators?
A: {(yes, hired too many, even the lawyer from the US Embassy website, Khmer attorneys has no ethics, they do not work for a client, rather they work under the Court for the pleasure of their powerful superior above. We have used many lawyers, fought for 7 years. The case is still on. You can spend another 10 million another 10 years, you will still lose. They love you to bring money here to spend on them. )}

"by RickyBobby » Mon Feb 11, 2019, 10:19 am" - yes, well summarized.
Kookmin Bank at Phnom Penh is incorporated in Cambodia, not sure how can Kookmin Bank in Korea be liable?
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

It is the parent company and headquarters of the entire bank. The same if Kookmin Cambodia was caught money laundering or financing terrorist or doing anything illegal, they would be responsible usually domestically by the NBC, but as a multinational, there would be hell to pay in the home country. Kookmin HQ might not be liable itself, but it for sure will take damage to its reputation very seriously - I should know, I met the CEO of Kookmin in South Korea when I was there. You need to give it a shot.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

OP, how did you form a khmer company as a foreigner? I gather you need a majority khmer shareholder to that, no? Coz foreigners can't buy land in KOW.

If they pursuing an outstanding loan on the property wouldn't the company be the responsible entity..not you? How could they issue arrest warrants to you as individuals then?
Lee.Howard
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Lee.Howard »

Spigzy wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:08 pm You’re getting extremely repetitive now to the point of boredom. What legal action have you taken in South Korea with the parent bank and a proper legal system and regulator? None? Come back with a progress report on that- Cambodia, don’t trust anyone, especially lawyers and Kookmin bank, we get it. :thumbs up:
no action was taken in S. Korea, 2 different entities? no?
Lee.Howard
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Lee.Howard »

clutchcargo wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:05 pm OP, how did you form a khmer company as a foreigner? I gather you need a majority khmer shareholder to that, no? Coz foreigners can't buy land in KOW.

If they pursuing an outstanding loan on the property wouldn't the company be the responsible entity..not you? How could they issue arrest warrants to you as individuals then?
All done by the Local Phnom Penh Cambodia Attorney, registered, with operation agreement, sound and solid. Have a full set of the legal doc.
that is not the issue, the focus is on how Kookmin Bank get involved in a personal loan against company property.
Do you read Khmer? if so, will post here next time of the Kookmin Loan docs.
This is not possible in the US or any country. The Kingdom MOC and Land registration did not have a computerized system 7 years ago.
Crime? clueless. Money can buy an arrest warrant to issue against anyone. need justification? doubted, saw it happened too often.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

Lee.Howard wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:07 am
clutchcargo wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:05 pm OP, how did you form a khmer company as a foreigner? I gather you need a majority khmer shareholder to that, no? Coz foreigners can't buy land in KOW.

All done by the Local Phnom Penh Cambodia Attorney, registered, with operation agreement, sound and solid. Have a full set of the legal doc.
that is not the issue, the focus is on how Kookmin Bank get involved in a personal loan against company property.
Do you read Khmer? if so, will post here next time of the Kookmin Loan docs.
This is not possible in the US or any country. The Kingdom MOC and Land registration did not have a computerized system 7 years ago.
Crime? clueless. Money can buy an arrest warrant to issue against anyone. need justification? doubted, saw it happened too often.
As I said before Mr. Howard. I am very sympathetic. But my advice to you is that this is the wrong venue for you to get proper advice or recourse and I would end it here and now.

You have two options as I see it. You can let it go, live and learn, and get on with your life. Try to find peace and happiness in spite of this travesty.

Otherwise, you can mount legal assaults against any and all perpetrators. I don't know how; that is up to you to strategize, but as you begin lawsuits, if those you are suing do not want to be culpable, they will find the others you need to pursue while mounting the defense. This, of course will consume you for many years and of course strain your resources of time and money a lot. If you are successful at finding those that are guilty, you can of course add your legal costs to your damages.

Good luck, but again, if I was you I would now stop engaging people in this thread and in public about this nightmare.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by logos »

RB wrote:again, if I was you I would now stop engaging people in this thread and in public
Fortunately you is not him.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

logos wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:46 am
RB wrote:again, if I was you I would now stop engaging people in this thread and in public
Fortunately you is not him.
Yes, I have suffered losses too, but not 1.5 million. I do feel fortunate I am not in his shoes. I am also glad I am not you.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic