'I can't find any peace here': Raised in the U.S. and deported to Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: 'I can't find any peace here': Raised in the U.S. and deported to Cambodia

Post by fax »

If immigration is profitable deportations should stop. Deport scumbags not entrepreneurs.
j57
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by j57 »

so, when thailand deports thousands of Khmers....you all get up on the same high horse???
you are the same people who publish pictures of expats being deported from Cambodia for overstaying a visa...
the scumbags in power for decades in the USA created these laws...
law enforcement is simply enforcing laws that they had no part enacting..
blaming President Trump just shows how ignorant and misguided you are..
You have this theory that an immigrant...legal or illegal should have more rights than a citizen...
Perhaps, you should self deport yourselves in solidarity with these people?
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

fax wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:46 am If immigration is profitable deportations should stop. Deport scumbags not entrepreneurs.
Well a lot of the "entrepreneurs" seem to be involved in illegal gambling, drug traficking, procurement of girls for prostitution(which includes running a lady bar), working without a work permit, running a business without registering it or paying tax/vat and a fair few other illegal acts of varying degrees of severity.
As the american stance seems to be deport for getting a traffic violation it might be appropriate for the Cambodian governemtn to respond in kind. Fight fire with fire
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

America is built on immigrants, whether a man is a millionaire or a garbage man is his a man and deserves equal justice. Does breaking up a family serve the nation better ? The man the article is written about killed a man. However he did it as a child and as such his criminal record in most states would be sealed. Iknow many Americans agree with the caging of child illegal immigrants and the separation of family units as a deterrent to coming to America without the proper consent. I was raised with the maxim "the measure of a mani is his willingness to be kind", While certainly out of fashion, this maxim has served me well and I truly believe it to be true. Is America a safer place with the subject deported ? I sincerely doubt it. Does it play well to the supporters of the current administration? There is little doubt .
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

It highlights the benefit of earning your citizenship. Citizenship should be valued, not put off until later.

Had they the gumption to get off their asses and pursue their citizenship then this would be a non issue.

But no, they'd rather mill about with like-minded, shiftless gangbangers, get tattoos, flunk high school, get loaded, give their mothers agita on a daily basis, work menial jobs, sponge off of family, etc, etc, ad infinitum.

Fuck around too much and earn yourself a felony...well it's time to pay the piper and the 'cost' you pay is higher if you're not a citizen.

...I'm pretty sure that if one of these felonies was perpetrated on a loved one of yours, the thought of his subsequent deportation wouldn't tug at your heart-strings too much. Just a guess though.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Brody wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:11 pm It highlights the benefit of earning your citizenship. Citizenship should be valued, not put off until later.

Had they the gumption to get off their asses and pursue their citizenship then this would be a non issue.

But no, they'd rather mill about with like-minded, shiftless gangbangers, get tattoos, flunk high school, get loaded, give their mothers agita on a daily basis, work menial jobs, sponge off of family, etc, etc, ad infinitum.

Fuck around too much and earn yourself a felony...well it's time to pay the piper and the 'cost' you pay is higher if you're not a citizen.

...I'm pretty sure that if one of these felonies was perpetrated on a loved one of yours, the thought of his subsequent deportation wouldn't tug at your heart-strings too much. Just a guess though.
Are you denigrating all illegal immigrants or just those with felony convictions. You certainly like to paint with a broad brush.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

As I have stated elsewhere, middle-class Americans have no idea of either the rigors nor the privations of a ghetto. They only know two things:
1) Don't go there.
2). Don't come from there.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:26 pm Are you blah blah blah illegal immigrants
My post really wasn't meant as an invitation to engage in a dialogue with you. As I find you off-putting but I was referring mostly to the OP which was dealing with a refugee.

His is a rare case because he committed murder at the age of 14. So he, himself did not have the wherewithal to pursue his own citizenship...

...His family, on the other hand, had 12 fucking years to sort out this young lads status for him. Shame on them.

My heart goes out to the family of the murdered, not this guy and his relatives.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Brody wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:02 pm
Anthony's Weiner wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:26 pm Are you blah blah blah illegal immigrants
My post really wasn't meant as an invitation to engage in a dialogue with you. As I find you off-putting but I was referring mostly to the OP which was dealing with a refugee.

His is a rare case because he committed murder at the age of 14. So he, himself did not have the wherewithal to pursue his own citizenship...

...His family, on the other hand, had 12 fucking years to sort out this young lads status for him. Shame on them.

My heart goes out to the family of the murdered, not this guy and his relatives.
I take it you could always block me couldn t you? If you need instructions, I would be happy to teach you how to do it. As to inviting me to engage in dialogue, perhaps you could be kind enough to mark your posts as to which ones can be commented on. Easy when you post the same slurs on other threads. As to finding me off putting, what a quaint phrase though somewhat dated. I have taken the time to provide you with some current vocabulary that may help. unpleasant, unappealing, uninviting, unattractive, disagreeable, offensive, distasteful, unsavory, unpalatable, unappetizing, objectionable, nasty, disgusting, obnoxious, repellent. I hope this broadens your vocabulary and makes your petty insults more up to date. cheers
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Holy shit, you didn't even get past "off-putting".

There was a further substantive discussion to be had, should you have read further, lol.

"Off-putting"

Anthony's Weiner:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic