Best Sunday roast?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Re: Best Sunday roast?

Post by Captain Bonez »

Rustic restaurant on st.322 got a sweet sunday roast :thumb:
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

i like the one at The Pub on 174, couldnt even finish the last one i had there (slightly due to hangover, slightly due to the fact its half a chicken)
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

Imagine if the pub actually put the effort in their Sunday roast then rustic restaurant would be the result. The pub's potatoes are probably what eating dead cancerous testicles taste like and the chicken is usually drier than a nun's cunt, portion size isn't so bad, but you gotta drown that fucker in gravy
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I'm putting my vote in for Buffalo Sister. I've never actually been there but I've ordered it plenty of times and their Sunday roast has a choice of roast chicken/pork/ beef,then comes with roast potatoes, cauliflower cheese, carrots/green beans, stuffing, pumpkin mash, gravy and a few other bits and pieces like pork scratchings. None of the other roasts come close in the range or quality.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Captain Bonez wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:01 pm Imagine if the pub actually put the effort in their Sunday roast then rustic restaurant would be the result. The pub's potatoes are probably what eating dead cancerous testicles taste like and the chicken is usually drier than a nun's cunt, portion size isn't so bad, but you gotta drown that fucker in gravy
ahhhhhhhh yeah now i remember why i couldnt finish it, the chicken was dry as fuck, they asked if i wanted to take the remainder home but i really didnt want it

when id eaten it in the old location though about a year before it was decent
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Back home in a few days, just in time for my mum's roast, she can make a bloody good one! Let me know if anyone wants one, I know this doesn't help but in just super excited
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Captain Bonez wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:01 pm Imagine if the pub actually put the effort in their Sunday roast then rustic restaurant would be the result. The pub's potatoes are probably what eating dead cancerous testicles taste like and the chicken is usually drier than a nun's cunt, portion size isn't so bad, but you gotta drown that fucker in gravy
I gues you havent been since they changed ched last year then?
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

You guys should post some photos.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

armchairlawyer wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:50 pm Skirts Bar/Restaurant, st 174, opposite the old St Tropez. The quality (and quantity) is very good and the price is very reasonable at (I believe) $7 including one drink. Some meats are priced higher. Available from 2pm until not sure when but quite late.
Seconded. Chicken is $7 and you get half a chicken. Some cooking issues last year but Not had any problems since they changed the chef. Msot people tend to like thier veggies underdone so if you like yours mushy ask
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic