Maid Questions

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Maid Questions

Post by Brody »

Spigzy wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:17 pm Zero Chief Brody.

#ManForAllSeasons #ManOfThePeople #OccasionallyHasShowerIssuesAtHisMotel
So you slave away from 9 to 5 playing wannabe, Cambodia fortune 500 CEO and the wife spends countless hours in hair/makeup prep for various super model stunts.

aaaaaaand the housework gets done, how exactly?

Just kidding....shit man, now I feel all guilty about having the wife's sister slave away for us around the shack. What a lazy sod I am.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

No maid. I suggested to the Missus to get one, had a candidate and uniform and all, but the Missus balked. Not sure why.

Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

@rozzieoz had a part time cleaner
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

hanno wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:59 pm No maid. I suggested to the Missus to get one, had a candidate and uniform and all, but the Missus balked. Not sure why.

Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:16 pm @rozzieoz had a part time cleaner
How dare you be a diligent mod and post an on topic reply when we could have derailed it further with more pics of sexy Asian maids. :evil:
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Brody wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:45 pm aaaaaaand the housework gets done, how exactly?
Luckily my folks were always more worried about our house being "lived in" than being on show to keep up with the Jones'. As a consequence my pad isn't utterly spotless as it might be with a maid, but that dust is my dust - from my own skin shedding off & floating around my house!! Occasionally I'll see a cobweb in a corner and I'll thank the little sod under my breath for building his house there & nabbing a few mosquitoes before I have to tear it down when it becomes a bit nasty to look at.

Generally it is more about a sense of accomplishment on tiny little things before starting my day; sweeping leaves out front takes 5-10 mins, make the bed, wash down my moto, etc. Dishes always washed (by hand, miss a dishwasher honestly) before bed; I do my son's clothes & my washing Wednesday & Saturday nights, hang them up before bed, get them in the following night before bed (no mosquitoes there like the morning) & I'll spend maybe 30-60 mins doing a bit of vacuuming/dusting/gardening on Saturday morning after football depending on which area really looks bloody awful.

In light of Hanno's contribution to the thread (and getting us back on topic after Lambo's shameful diversion), I'm reassessing this routine. :hattip:

I also need to put in a swimming pool. For the new cleaner.

Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Brody wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:24 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:16 pm @rozzieoz had a part time cleaner
How dare you be a diligent mod and post an on topic reply when we could have derailed it further with more pics of sexy Asian maids. :evil:
fuck let me start again, let me just clean this mess up!

did someone request a maid?....

i have an army of maids at my disposal....

who take very good care....
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

if i had those maids i would probably make a mess..........................
markd
Expatriate
Zimbabwe

Post by markd »

my maids taking a break from the chores

thru shit to more shit
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

I used to have an old lady cleaner who'd come round every 2 weeks for a couple hours to do my fortnightly 'big' clean because there's no fucking way I'm doing any mopping or cleaning toilets, fuck all that noise.

She's stopped coming round tho and sends her daughter and her tasty friend instead, great days.
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic