Too many people dying young

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Re: Too many people dying young

Post by Queef »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:00 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:07 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:39 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:57 pm
2." your face will go numb if it's some good shit" BS
3. very easy to make rocks out of powder
Cocaine is also an anesthetic, which numb the mouth throat and nose, and good stuff can make your whole face feel numb, in the UK dealers will often cut coke with Dentists local anaesthetics in order to trick the customer into its potency when in fact its just cut down, a reason why you shouldnt buy coke thats just in powder form

and true, coke can often get cut down and re-pressed back into rock a couple of times before it hits the consumer, but its time consuming and effort and not something street dealers do, so its often a good sign of knowing its more likely to be better stuff

Cocaine is a waste of money, biggest rip off drug around
yea, cut with some other ..XXXains.
BUT good coke will ONLY numb the area in ur mouth its applied to NOT ur whole face :facepalm:
The chances of anyone buying anything resembling a rock when purchasing a gram are NIL
now if ur talking 1/4 kilos.......
Mannitol or crystalline inositol are the best cuts cause they do no harm, add weight, not change the coke effect and to the uniformed looks good cause its shiny and for those hitting it mixes easily with water

Most small time dealers,( those buying a oz or two ) will NOT cut it, but give you 9/10th of a gram not a full gram.

NONE of my info comes form Google
BUT good coke will ONLY numb the area in ur mouth its applied to NOT ur whole face :facepalm:
Snorting good coke numbs your sinuses, if you are unaware of where your sinuses are... heres a picture...
after a line, mop up the leftover power and apply it to your gums, thus leaving your whole face numb :facepalm:
The chances of anyone buying anything resembling a rock when purchasing a gram are NIL
buy your coke off a street pusher and you would be right, depends who you know and hang around with, you have a habit of stating your opinions as facts, this is another example
Down in CA, even a gram can be rocky. You'd be surprised. You're not getting one solid rock, but you're also not getting powdered sugar. Anyway. How's you guys' Monday going?
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

It did not get funnier the second time either...................... =@
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by Queef »

Arget wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:11 pm It did not get funnier the second time either...................... =@
Using this website from a mobile phone is pure madness....
Dario
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Dario »

I never meant to insinuate poisoning is done carelessly. Usually poison is used by wives, motivated by revenge or greed. A tried and true tradition around the world.
Perhaps more so in the 3rd world. I have not seen an autopsy report that'd prove it beyond any doubt, so i leave it at that.

I googled China White. It's basically always mentioned in relation to fentanyl or thereof derivatives.

from rollingstone for ex:

What is China White?
China White has meant many things throughout the years. In the 1970s and 1980s, it was slang for heroin. Right now, China White is the street name for furanyl fentanyl and a few other known derivatives of fentanyl, a synthetic opioid painkiller found in most emergency rooms. According to a 2015 research paper published in the Universal Journal of Clinical Medicine, these chemical adulterations seem to be result from contamination during key processes of fentanyl synthesis. (Basically, dealers who try to replicate fentanyl at home often fail to do so correctly, introducing toxins into the mix.) China white is similar to heroin and morphine, but is a hundred times more potent, if not more so; the high lasts longer and is more difficult to treat if a person overdoses.

Why is the designer drug called “China White”?
For its alleged purity. People assume what the substance they are buying off the street is straight-up fentanyl, when the drug is actually anything but. So the name “China White” is actually a misnomer, said Dr. Wilfredo Lopez-Ojeda, a biomedical sciences professor at the University of Central Florida who co-authored the Universal Journal of Clinical Medicine editorial with Dr. Carlos Ramos-Matos.

That's the current media's opinion for you.

I am posting on this thread because this arrogance born out of ignorance just angers me to no end.

As for the fentanyl hypothesis:
When reflecting on my near death experience with cambodian white i realized, F can't be it. Cause F is supposed to have a rapid onset, after 2 hrs it's over. H also peaks within 30 mins.
But the thing with this stuff is: It does not seem to have any desired effect for too long a time. So you keep on loading up for up to 2 hrs before it finally starts kicking in. By then it's too late to do anything about it, just lay on your bed for 20+ hrs, paralysed, waiting it out, hoping you'll make it.
(suffice to say i have been clean ever since, clocking 10 yrs soon)

When i'll get back in february hopefully, I'll get in touch with a junior chemist, with access to a gas chromatograph in order to finally have this stuff analysed.

Facts before gossip
It's about time.
Captain
BANNED
Afghanistan

Post by Captain »

Queef wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:20 pm
frank lee bent wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:01 pm Thats an 8 ball kid. Eighth of an oz.

At least that is what me and jesus used to call it when we were riding our dinosaurs off to score.
We don't say "8 ball" anymore. Just ball. In a similar fashion, we don't call cocaine "coke" anymore, but yay, yayo, okie dokie, white hoe.... the list goes on.

Oh that's interesting. And we dont call heroin H, horse, junk, or smack any more, we call herion: muckitty muck, Baby Ruth, brown eye, brown hoe, Belgian White... and the list goes on...
Dumbinic
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Dumbinic »

Re: H being sold as cocaine it does happen as it happened when I was with a friend of mine on st 51 in 2008.

We were drunk and some chancer sold him some coke. I told my friend "it won't be coke, we are on the wrong side of the world" etc he mumbled something like "only one way to find out" and pissed off to the kasi for a nose up. He reappeared a few minutes later, ashen white and muttered "i dont think thats coke mate" before collapsing over the pool table. A few slaps in the face and I was unable to wake him. He then started turning blue so I put him in a tuk tuk and said yo homes to Bel Air we ended up at some Australian clinic where for a cash up front fee he was given a shot of narcan (?) that brought him out of his slumber.

We then continued our night out and, fucking preposterously, I decided to take the rest of the powder he had purchased at a table in HoD and I came round in my hotel room x amount of hours later covered in blood from these weird scab cuts all over my face that looked like graze/burn marks.

Good times.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

I know i am much more blase about being sick here than I am at home and i am usually the worlds worst hypochondriac. i have often asked myself why but have not yet come up with a practical reason except maybe people are just not too bothered about dying when they have been here a long time. the prospect of living and having to return home for an old age of abuse in a "care home", or being unable to afford a pint every now and then is more scarey than dying here.
Dumbinic
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Dumbinic »

pczz wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:55 am the prospect of living and having to return home for an old age of abuse in a "care home", or being unable to afford a pint every now and then is more scarey than dying here.
Agreed. I am intending to come to PP soon with the sole intention of ending my life. Why? I have a chronic pain illness that has left me permanently disabled and the happiest times in my life were in se asia on and off between the years of 1996 - 2016. I don't believe in 'the afterlife' but I would like to at least carp it in a place I was once happy rather than the cold grey small town overpriced suburban hell of my current surroundings.

Good times.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

Dumbinic wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:06 am
pczz wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:55 am the prospect of living and having to return home for an old age of abuse in a "care home", or being unable to afford a pint every now and then is more scarey than dying here.
Agreed. I am intending to come to PP soon with the sole intention of ending my life. Why? I have a chronic pain illness that has left me permanently disabled and the happiest times in my life were in se asia on and off between the years of 1996 - 2016. I don't believe in 'the afterlife' but I would like to at least carp it in a place I was once happy rather than the cold grey small town overpriced suburban hell of my current surroundings.

Good times.
Wow, I just logged onto this thread to speak to this very idea.

I think some people come here to die. This could be added to my recent list I made on the Psychopaths thread. How about the people who come here and think, I may as well as live for the moment, throw caution to the wind, stop planning for retirement, and live while the money lasts. Then go for the rope. So that's a good possibility that the higher numbers of death are related to such an idea.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
Dumbinic
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Dumbinic »

RickyBobby wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:14 am Wow, I just logged onto this thread to speak to this very idea.

I think some people come here to die. This could be added to my recent list I made on the Psychopaths thread. How about the people who come here and think, I may as well as live for the moment, throw caution to the wind, stop planning for retirement, and live while the money lasts. Then go for the rope. So that's a good possibility that the higher numbers of death are related to such an idea.
Maybe it is a case of 'the grass is always greener' as every single se asian girlfriend I have had were super keen on all things western and quite eager to get their pretty little butts over to 'the west' - which was possibly why they were with me in the first place :? :facepalm: I would say to them "you dont know what you have here, you would hate living in my country" and they would say "no, you don't know what you have there and you will hate living in my country." Maybe we were both right. Nowhere has everything, that's for sure.

But after you have tasted freedom, which I think many parts of se asia did offer (particularly for western men), the thought of growing old and lonely in the sterile, culturally dead 'west' is an awful prospect. Particularly if, in my case, you are in severe debilitating pain that prevents employment yet some years away from retirement with no prognosis of ever fully recovering along with being stone cold broke with no kids relying upon you.

Put a fork in me. I'm done.

I may not die happy but at least I will die some place I was happy.

Good times.

p.s. I don't think I am psychopath but I do have some type of personality disorder, that's for sure. 'Irresponsible Cunt' comes to mind but I don't think that is in The DSM (The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders). Shizoid with Oppositional Defiant Disorder and some sociopathic tendencies? Fuck knows. Mental Health/Psychiatry is a crock of shit.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic