Boat rental on riverside

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
SockPuppet
Expatriate
Honduras

Boat rental on riverside

Post by SockPuppet »

Hey,

Anyone has a contact or knows the process of renting a boat for a few hours for a private function on riverside?

Any info would be great!
Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes
SockPuppet
Expatriate
Honduras

Re: Boat rental on riverside

Post by SockPuppet »

or even recommendation on a particular boat or agency would be great :)
Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

I recently used Kanika Boat.

Professional, attentive and well trained in customer service.

Not to mention that the old codger's Khmer wife who helps run the operation is Smoking-Fucking-Hot.

https://kanika-boat.com/#
Genti
Expatriate
Switzerland

Post by Genti »

Last week we just drove to the place where the boats docks at the riverside and talked to the owner of 2 boats. They charge by boat and by the hour, not per guests. The mid size is about 75$ for 3 hours, the large boat is about 105$ for 3 hours. they can organize the catering/barbecue too. The boats are older and not so nice as the Kanika Boat. But they are clean, they have enough life jackets on board and the life jackets looking good.

The owner jumped on board, he was the captain to and we went to a small private cruise with the midsize boat and we enjoyed it. They have a bass box on lower floor for the music and the guy was quite funny, singing to the music (of course wrong, but funny).

we will rent it for our family event in April, it is old but typical khmer style and we will pick up some food at a near restaurant and let them bring the drinks on board.

But if you are looking for a nice boat, with insurance, then the Kanika Boat is the better option.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Check out this one. Good boat, good service.
https://www.bendintheriver.org/
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Brody wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:24 am I recently used Kanika Boat.

Not to mention that the old codger's Khmer wife who helps run the operation is Smoking-Fucking-Hot.

The only fully insured cruise boats in Phnom Penh? So Cambo Cruise still doesn't have insurance to cover accidents, injuries, and wrongful deaths?
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Cam Nivag wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:31 pm
Brody wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:24 am I recently used Kanika Boat.

The only fully insured cruise boats in Phnom Penh? So Cambo Cruise still doesn't have insurance to cover accidents, injuries, and wrongful deaths?
Yeah really. You'd think after the LTO tragedy they'd pony up for some kind of coverage.

I briefly scanned their website and I only saw a mention of "100% Western standards". Not sure if that includes being insured. If you were in the actual West, it would.

Whilst were bullshitting...you've gotta see this Kanika boat boss-lady, she's absolutely stunning. I know it's harsh but I have my reservations as to whether her better half can handle her full potential, if you know what I mean.

Kinda like letting a Nouveau riche Khmer behind the wheel of an NSX...they just don't have what it takes.
Genti
Expatriate
Switzerland

Post by Genti »

Genti wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:48 pm Last week we just drove to the place where the boats docks at the riverside and talked to the owner of 2 boats. They charge by boat and by the hour, not per guests. The mid size is about 75$ for 3 hours, the large boat is about 105$ for 3 hours. they can organize the catering/barbecue too. The boats are older and not so nice as the Kanika Boat. But they are clean, they have enough life jackets on board and the life jackets looking good.

The owner jumped on board, he was the captain to and we went to a small private cruise with the midsize boat and we enjoyed it. They have a bass box on lower floor for the music and the guy was quite funny, singing to the music (of course wrong, but funny).

we will rent it for our family event in April, it is old but typical khmer style and we will pick up some food at a near restaurant and let them bring the drinks on board.

But if you are looking for a nice boat, with insurance, then the Kanika Boat is the better option.
Here the contact Details for the boat i mentionend in my post above: chaly am mongsay tour boat, phone 016697096 / 097 567 08 95"
SockPuppet
Expatriate
Honduras

Post by SockPuppet »

Thanks all,

I drove there and just shopped in a traditional way. Went with the chick that spoke good English had a boat of the right size and was pretty flexible on terms.
Initially didn't want to go there cause figured it would be a nightmare since I am too lazy to learn Khmer, but it all worked out

Kanika is great but a bit expensive for what we have in mind :)
Genti
Expatriate
Switzerland

Post by Genti »

The same way we did and for the same reason we had. Have fun :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic