71yo French Woman Tourist Gets Bag Snatched on Battambang Bicycle Tour

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

71yo French Woman Tourist Gets Bag Snatched on Battambang Bicycle Tour

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Battambang, Cambodia News: A 71-year-old French woman, who has not been named, had her bag snatched while she was riding a bicycle on February 07, 2019, at Wat Por Veal in Ratanak village, Battambang city. The thieves snatched the bag from the woman's basket while she was doing a bicycle tour of Battambang with a group of friends. The bag snatchers escaped on a motorbike and are being sought by police.

Mr. Pang Heang, a Battambang police inspector, reported that the stolen bag contained a passport, US$500, 2 ATM cards.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: 71yo French Woman Tourist Gets Bag Snatched on Battambang Bicycle Tour

Post by pczz »

leaving your bag in the basket on your bicycle. i am truly gobsmacked that anyone could be that bloody stupid
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

pczz wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:23 am leaving your bag in the basket on your bicycle. i am truly gobsmacked that anyone could be that bloody stupid
There are many people in Cambodia for the first time, who do things that others may say is stupid. They have come from a place where this type of crime is not common, and dont expect it.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

Every guesthouse, hostel, hotel etc needs a sign that reads

'Leave your passport and cards somewhere safe at your accommodation

Take only enough money that you can afford to lose'
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

explorer wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:02 am
pczz wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:23 am leaving your bag in the basket on your bicycle. i am truly gobsmacked that anyone could be that bloody stupid
There are many people in Cambodia for the first time, who do things that others may say is stupid. They have come from a place where this type of crime is not common, and dont expect it.
Uwotm8, it's pretty fucking stupid. I guess age might have been the factor here but still.
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

JUDGEDREDD wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:08 am
Uwotm8, it's pretty fucking stupid. I guess age might have been the factor here but still.
If we go by your definition, there are a lot of stupid people come to Cambodia.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

explorer wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:08 pm
JUDGEDREDD wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:08 am
If we go by your definition, there are a lot of stupid people come to Cambodia.
I'm not quite sure what definition you're talking about but I imagine a lot of stupid people do visit this place as generally speaking, people aren't the smartest. Especially when it concerns foreign lands.
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

Thumbs up for the lady for riding a bicycle with 71 years of age. To be honest you don't expect it in battambang but just leave all that shit in your room while cycling around and you'll be fine.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

King Keil wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:27 pm Thumbs up for the lady for riding a bicycle with 71 years of age. To be honest you don't expect it in battambang but just leave all that shit in your room while cycling around and you'll be fine.

It's no big deal riding a bike at 71 years of age. It's just a big deal if you fall off. Any one can do it.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

France is a hotbed of this type of crime mostly by high numbers of unemployed youth and illegal migrants who cannot work. I find it inconceivable that anyone from there could not be aware
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic