Garage bar in the news

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Garage bar in the news

Post by phuketrichard »

fyi,
personally never liked the bar no mater who owned it an never cared for the food
BUT
For those of us who like to spend time in bars, Phnom Penh provides a wide range of options, from the frou-frou places that charge $7 for a soda water to the hello!-fronted YouTube-driven places of shotgun dimensions to pop up bars on wheels on street corners. And then there are a few of real character that really stand out, create and sustain community, and encourage prolonged stays and repeat visits.

For mine, one of these is Garage on St 110, under the sign of the Warhol banana, just off the riverside. The latest iteration in its nine or so years has been run for the last 18 months by Canadian Clay George, who himself has only been in the city for three years. Garage has great staff, a carefully and protectively curated playlist, inside/outside seating and some of the best burgers and margaritas in the city. Clay is also one helluva singer, and from time to time there’s a live music night.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50576173/l ... H0eIPrWojo
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Re: Garage bar in the news

Post by RickyBobby »

Well, I sought it out last month, and it was surprisingly small and empty, so I passed on the burger.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

RickyBobby wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:46 pm Well, I sought it out last month, and it was surprisingly small and empty, so I passed on the burger.

Are the burgers so big you you need to share it with someone else in the bar ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

How many Clay George profiles is Khmer Times going to do?

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/5078416/li ... he-garage/
Gator
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Gator »

It was an alright place when Jeff owned/ran it. It was never really the same after he sold it, in my opinion. I met some interesting characters in there, back in the day. The burgers were decent.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Perrsonally i have never liked the place, not for me.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic