Norwegian Man Sleeps on Street After Losing His Way to The Airport

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
The Suk Straggler
BANNED

Re: Norwegian Man Sleeps on Street After Losing His Way to The Airport

Post by The Suk Straggler »

newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:41 am
Having no knowledge of English, coupled with the locals no knowledge of Norwegian, would make it difficult.
No knowledge of English???

I will guess you have never been to Norway, or never heard of Norway . . . or never read a book or watched TV news or left your house?

Every Norwegian who visits Cambodia will speak English. Every one.
Captain
BANNED
Afghanistan

Post by Captain »

The Suk Straggler wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:44 am
clutchcargo wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:37 pm
And he managed to get there at that hour not looking like this?
Haha who is that?

That is a highly respected and loved maths instructor at one of Cambodia's most highly esteemed institutes of learning!
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

The Suk Straggler wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:44 am
clutchcargo wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:37 pm
And he managed to get there at that hour not looking like this?
Haha who is that?
general-chatter/kieran-thomas-gajraj-ar ... lit=gajraj
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

I was giving the poor lost guy on the street the benefit of the doubt.

I don’t know that every Norwegian speaks fluent English, why would I? I know that every Swede dose not speak fluent English. In fact one of the singers of ABBA is actually uncomfortable giving interviews in English.

Besides knowing that the Vikings sailed from Norway and conquered England, the Germans occupied them in the last war, and Nokia used to be synonymous with cell phones, I honestly don’t know much about Norway or it’s people.

Mea Culpa
The Suk Straggler
BANNED

Post by The Suk Straggler »

newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:02 am

I don’t know that every Norwegian speaks fluent English, why would I? I know that every Swede dose not speak fluent English. In fact one of the singers of ABBA is actually uncomfortable giving interviews in English.
This is she, the Swedish lady so embarrassed about her English that she doesn't speak it in public anymore:

Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:02 am I was giving the poor lost guy on the street the benefit of the doubt.

Besides knowing that the Vikings sailed from Norway and conquered England, the Germans occupied them in the last war, and Nokia used to be synonymous with cell phones, I honestly don’t know much about Norway or it’s people.

Mea Culpa
Nokia>Finnish :wink:
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Love the way the police driving him away on a motorbike had helmets and he didn't. Not to mention the new traffic law made 3 adults on a bike illegal
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

clutchcargo wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:33 am
newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:02 am I was giving the poor lost guy on the street the benefit of the doubt.

Mea Culpa
Nokia>Finnish :wink:
:facepalm:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic