Anyone living off-the-grid in Cambodia?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
RuthEO
Tourist

Anyone living off-the-grid in Cambodia?

Post by RuthEO »

Hello,

I'm searching for possible case studies for a new television documentary series. It's a primetime, four-part series for the UK broadcaster, Channel 4.

If you'd be interested in sharing your experiences of escaping the rat race and moving to a remote or extreme location, please do drop me a line and I shall be happy to discuss further, or pass on more info: [email protected]

In the case of Cambodia, you might live on a forested mountain, on an island, or on the banks of river. Or you might know someone who's built their own tree house, maybe a hut using natural materials, perhaps a yurt on a little plot allowing self-sufficiency.

All ideas welcome. Many thanks indeed!

Ruth
Ruth Overend - Assistant Producer - Optomen Television
Francis
Expatriate
Vietnam

Re: Anyone living off-the-grid in Cambodia?

Post by Francis »

RuthEO wrote:In the case of Cambodia, you might live on a forested mountain, on an island, or on the banks of river. Or you might know someone who's built their own tree house, maybe a hut using natural materials, perhaps a yurt on a little plot allowing self-sufficiency.
I do know some people who could be interesting for you. Just don't know yet whether they are willing to participate in your project. If you like, I could call some of the western guys living "in the jungle" and I would contact you again. But HEY !! before we do that you have to PM me some verifiable credentials showing that this is for real, ok !? Sorry, that's an internet forum and all kind of strange people are showing up all the time (NO. I'm NOT saying that you are strange). Just wanna make sure that the whole thing is honest.
Und der Haifisch der hat Tränen
Und die laufen vom Gesicht
Doch der Haifisch lebt im Wasser
So die Tränen sieht man nicht

In der Tiefe ist es einsam
Und so manche Träne fliesst
Und so kommt es dass das Wasser
In den Meeren salzig ist
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

go out and do ur research rather than ask others to do it for u
people usually "living off the grid " do so for a reason

or just make it up like they do in the states
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
UKJ
Expatriate

Post by UKJ »

Let's be a bit more friendly guys. The lady was polite, and is offering a chance that might appeal to some expats. And she is genuine.
http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/ruth-overend/16/a9a/416
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Milord »

I would never trust the media without knowing the "backstory" in mind. Even then they will "slant" you.

Happened to me and my son on CBC.ca re "violent" video games over 10 years ago.

You have no editorial control. Except, ... you're an idiot to let your son play.
UKJ
Expatriate

Post by UKJ »

Milord wrote:I would never trust the media without knowing the "backstory" in mind. Even then they will "slant" you.

Happened to me and my son on CBC.ca re "violent" video games over 10 years ago.

You have no editorial control. Except, ... you're an idiot to let your son play.
Sure, they can make you look however they want, through editing, but surely everyone knows that. They want an entertaining programme.
Milord wrote: You have no editorial control.
Why would they give a rural, third world, inexperienced, treehouse/ hut dwelling hermit, editorial control ? :D
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

try ch goot on facebook
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Sounds like an interesting program if there's a bit of depth to it, I'd certainly watch it especially if there is an episode out this way. Good luck finding someone.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic