Vehicle hits motorbike in Kampong Thom Province

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Vehicle hits motorbike in Kampong Thom Province

Post by explorer »

You cant see the motorbike before the accident. But there was probably no indication it was going to turn like that. It looks like they were doing a U turn.

There were two schoolgirls on the motorbike.

Sad for the people involved.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Vehicle hits motorbike in Kampong Thom Province

Post by Arget »

Three points.
1' Speed
2. crossed onto other lane to hit them.
3. Did they ever stop?
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

There is another longer video on facebook. They were overtaking motorbike after motorbike as they went along the road. This one did a U turn in front of them. They clearly did not expect it.

They did not stop.

I know from riding a bicycle in Cambodia, people constantly pull out in front of you, and you need to give way to them. In a car or motorbike, the chance of having an accident is great, even if you do everything right.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

looks like the lorry saw them at the last minute but why did he pull over to hit them? If he had swerved right instead of left he would have missed them
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Lol, it's a pickup truck. Not a lorry.

If the mongoloid had kept driving in a straight line he would have also not hit them.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

It almost seems like he aimed at them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

pczz wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:21 am looks like the lorry saw them at the last minute but why did he pull over to hit them? If he had swerved right instead of left he would have missed them
Fuck that's horrible to watch!
My money would bet the truck driver had a few beers.
Im pretty sure The truck swerved left thinking the moto would see their truck and stop the u-turn. When the moto continued the u-turn the truck couldn't stop in time and tried to swerve left hoping the moto would see them at some point still stop mid u-turn.

These idiot locals don't look while driving. I do not understand why. Those school girls will now if they lived. My head is on a constant swivel here and it has saved me dearly.
Still here, in country...
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

Truck?
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

Arget wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:00 am crossed onto other lane to hit them.
pczz wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:21 am why did he pull over to hit them? If he had swerved right instead of left he would have missed them
Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:14 am If the mongoloid had kept driving in a straight line he would have also not hit them.
Arget wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:08 pm It almost seems like he aimed at them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is easy to be wise in hind sight. I suspect they turned suddenly with out giving any indication they were going to turn. If they did indicate, I think he would have missed them.

If they were smart, they would have waited until all vehicles had passed.
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by Queef »

davegorman wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:46 pmTruck?
Yea it's a pick up truck aka truck
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic