Fat, shirtless, barefoot, punched in the eye and shamed by Panda Mart

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Fat, shirtless, barefoot, punched in the eye and shamed by Panda Mart

Post by Clutch Cargo »

xandreu wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:56 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:08 pm
Cam Nivag wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:50 pm The Panda Mart photo could be six months old. Does your GF work for a Turkish guy? Is she does, maybe he had tuk tuk drivers bear him up, and thus maybe only one black eye.
Nope. Def no connection there. She works for khmer.

The story goes that when he went to pay the bill, he said he didnt have enough and then said he would go to the atm. Coz he looked dirty with sores on his head and legs, the staff got suspicious and one of them accompanied him to the nearest atm around the corner. When the card was declined he ran and the staff yelled out and the nearby tuk tuk guys who apparently recognised and already knew him, made pursuit and punched him.
Well this doesn't make any sense whatsoever. There have been a couple of times where I've found myself a bit short of cash and offered to pay by card, only to be told they don't accept card payments. The usual situaltion here is that I ask them to keep my shopping to one side while I pop to the ATM to get the money. I wouldn't for one moment expect them to allow me to leave the store with said goods while I went to get some cash. They just hold them for me and await my return. Why would anyone feel the need to accompany me if the goods are safely in the store? If I don't return, they just put them back on the shelf??
From Page 1:
Apparently the guy at the top of the thread is well known around riverside restaurants and tuk tuk drivers as doing a runner when it comes to paying the bill.
Yep, my GF saw the tuk tuk guys catch and punch him after he ran away from her restaurant on riverside for not paying the bill. They told her they know him well for this sort of thing. He's been doing it for quite a long time and also begging for food money along riverside.

No one seems to wanna call the police however coz presumably they would want tea money..
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

clutchcargo wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:16 pm
xandreu wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:56 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:08 pm
Cam Nivag wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:50 pm The Panda Mart photo could be six months old. Does your GF work for a Turkish guy? Is she does, maybe he had tuk tuk drivers bear him up, and thus maybe only one black eye.
Nope. Def no connection there. She works for khmer.

The story goes that when he went to pay the bill, he said he didnt have enough and then said he would go to the atm. Coz he looked dirty with sores on his head and legs, the staff got suspicious and one of them accompanied him to the nearest atm around the corner. When the card was declined he ran and the staff yelled out and the nearby tuk tuk guys who apparently recognised and already knew him, made pursuit and punched him.
Well this doesn't make any sense whatsoever. There have been a couple of times where I've found myself a bit short of cash and offered to pay by card, only to be told they don't accept card payments. The usual situaltion here is that I ask them to keep my shopping to one side while I pop to the ATM to get the money. I wouldn't for one moment expect them to allow me to leave the store with said goods while I went to get some cash. They just hold them for me and await my return. Why would anyone feel the need to accompany me if the goods are safely in the store? If I don't return, they just put them back on the shelf??
From Page 1:
Apparently the guy at the top of the thread is well known around riverside restaurants and tuk tuk drivers as doing a runner when it comes to paying the bill.
Yep, my GF saw the tuk tuk guys catch and punch him after he ran away from her restaurant on riverside for not paying the bill. They told her they know him well for this sort of thing. He's been doing it for quite a long time and also begging for food money along riverside.

No one seems to wanna call the police however coz presumably they would want tea money..
Ah. Running away from a bar/restaurant bill.

Note to self: At least read the OP properly before casting my judgemental net across the whole situation.

Thanks for pointing it out and not making me look like complete tool.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

I stopped by Panda Mart today and saw that this guy has company on the Wall of Shame. There's a photo of another fat bald guy right underneath his photo. Or maybe it's just a second photo of the same guy, but wearing a singlet.

SaigonBilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by SaigonBilly »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:31 am
SaigonBilly wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:39 am
explorer wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:59 pm I think it is wrong to post photos of people you know nothing about and insinuate bad things.

I think this should not be allowed by the forum moderators.
I think threads like this are great.

It's really entertaining and a little different for a change.

Most threads are about news editorials, this is about what's going on on the street.

:Rose: :boxing:
I am surprised that the mean streets of PP interest you if you live in Saigon. Apparently vigilante justice is commonplace in Saigon

Last year, the former Saigon ranked as the third least-safe city worldwide, after Caracas and Karachi, on the Safe Cities Index of The Economist Intelligence Unit, which rates personal security in 60 cities.

Man who killed two Saigon vigilantes gets death sentence
BTW this thread isn't about Saigon it's about Phenom Penh.
It's all good or or it's no good!
:D :evil6:
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

SaigonBilly wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:30 am
Anthony's Weiner wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:31 am
SaigonBilly wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:39 am
explorer wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:59 pm I think it is wrong to post photos of people you know nothing about and insinuate bad things.

I think this should not be allowed by the forum moderators.
I think threads like this are great.

It's really entertaining and a little different for a change.

Most threads are about news editorials, this is about what's going on on the street.

:Rose: :boxing:
I am surprised that the mean streets of PP interest you if you live in Saigon. Apparently vigilante justice is commonplace in Saigon

Last year, the former Saigon ranked as the third least-safe city worldwide, after Caracas and Karachi, on the Safe Cities Index of The Economist Intelligence Unit, which rates personal security in 60 cities.

BTW this thread isn't about Saigon it's about Phenom Penh.
Thanks SaigonBilly, every flock needs a dog to keep them on the straight and narrow
I am glad that you feel that your post about enjoying the thread was worth expressing. I can see how well other posters value your opinion.
If you feel you need to keep my on track, put your special assistant weekend temporary moderators hat on and send me a pm.
Nothing cheers me up more than a missive from a mook.
JohnLocke
Tourist

Post by JohnLocke »

I know I’m dragging up an old topic, but that old man in the first topic, James heffernan, ended up dying in Cambodia while awaiting deportation to England. I don’t know if anybody knows this or not, but when you supposedly have “medical” problems in immigration, they send you to a drug rehab lying to u that they’re sending you to a hospital. It’s personal issues that landed me in this rehab, and had I known that I was being sent to a what is essentially a private prison by my family, I wouldn’t have agreed to going. What they said would be 2-3 months ended up with me being in there for 11 months. Quite a few of these immigrants posted on this site I had the privilege of meeting in this rehab place. But yeah, sadly this old fat nasty fart died in that rehab. I’m sure one of his organs failed on him as he never urinated and had the hardest time breathing. He couldn’t lay down or he’d feel like he was drowning so he sat in a chair. It was sad. I saw this man die and because I spoke English they’d asked me to take care of him. Then they wanted us to lie about how he died too.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

JohnLocke wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:38 pm I know I’m dragging up an old topic, but that old man in the first topic, James heffernan, ended up dying in Cambodia while awaiting deportation to England. I don’t know if anybody knows this or not, but when you supposedly have “medical” problems in immigration, they send you to a drug rehab lying to u that they’re sending you to a hospital. It’s personal issues that landed me in this rehab, and had I known that I was being sent to a what is essentially a private prison by my family, I wouldn’t have agreed to going. What they said would be 2-3 months ended up with me being in there for 11 months. Quite a few of these immigrants posted on this site I had the privilege of meeting in this rehab place. But yeah, sadly this old fat nasty fart died in that rehab. I’m sure one of his organs failed on him as he never urinated and had the hardest time breathing. He couldn’t lay down or he’d feel like he was drowning so he sat in a chair. It was sad. I saw this man die and because I spoke English they’d asked me to take care of him. Then they wanted us to lie about how he died too.
And again one could ask the question, where's the useless British embassy in all this? Shouldn't they work hard to speed up deportation especially when a Brit is ill? I've yet to read a story of them actually helping a Brit in need. Fat arsed cocksuckers.
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

Old thread, reply not relevant
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

What a tragic ending. :(
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

Some people make the assumption, only good things happen. The truth is, there have been others die while locked up.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic