Similar Topics and Old Threads.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Similar Topics and Old Threads.

Post by RickyBobby »

This site is designed to send the user to other related threads. I have thoroughly enjoyed this forum and have read so much of it, old and new alike. At times I am drawn to click on the similar topics and read them too. I have tried to resist, however a few times I have commented, thus reviving an old thread.

So my question is this. Who cares and why does it make some people lose their shit? Isn't a forum about talking about things?
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Similar Topics and Old Threads.

Post by General Mackevili »

Haha, some people definitely 'lose their shit' over it, when they should probably just chill.

It's not against rules to 'bump' an old topic, I think a lot of people just find it annoying when someone goes and comments on numerous old topics without adding anything to an otherwise finished discussion. But commenting on old topics is not an issue in itself, but just bumping a bunch of random ones without adding anything can be annoying to some who have been following several topics, and then see a bunch of old ones bumped back up to the top for no apparent reason. It can also be annoying when someone starts a new topic on a discussion that's already in existence. In most cases, it would make more sense to just find that topic and comment on it rather than start a new topic on the same subject. We can also merge discussions or break comments off to new topics when really needed, but in general, I'd say don't randomly bump an old topic from years ago only to add 'interesting' or something, but mainly if you have something on-topic that would likely lead to further discussion.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic