US Genetically Modified* Soyabean Feed Proposed for Cambodian Fishfarms

Provincial living: homesteading, farming, gardening, self-efficiency and animal husbandry.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

US Genetically Modified* Soyabean Feed Proposed for Cambodian Fishfarms

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

ASA’s WISHH to launch aqua feed program in Cambodia
October 3, 2018
ST. LOUIS, Mo. – The American Soybean Association’s (ASA) WISHH Program is building on its successful track record in aquaculture development by launching the Commercialization of Aquaculture for Sustainable Trade (CAST) – Cambodia. CAST will connect trade and development by accelerating production of high-demand fish species for the Cambodian market and developing a lasting aquaculture industry that recognizes the value of soy protein in feed.

“CAST is an exciting affirmation of WISHH’s ability to connect trade and development,” said WISHH Chairman Daryl Cates, an Illinois soybean grower. “WISHH is a trailblazer for trade through CAST, which will improve agricultural productivity and expand trade of agricultural products through commercial aquaculture sector growth in Cambodia.”

The Southeast Asian country’s GDP has increased by more than 7 percent per year since 2011, growing the demand for animal and aquaculture-sourced protein. CAST’s anticipated local economic impact exceeds $300 million over the life of the project, and, Cambodia’s aquaculture industry demand for soybean protein is projected to reach 100,000 metric tons per year by 2030.

North Dakota soybean grower Matt Gast also serves on the WISHH Committee and joined WISHH staff in a variety of meetings in the region. “Aquaculture is really taking off in Cambodia, and soy protein demand will grow with it,” Gast said. “An importer of U.S. beans is building a brand new fish feed plant in Phnom Penh!” As a trailblazer for trade, WISHH grows markets for U.S. soy farmers, and at the same time, improves lives and economic opportunities in developing countries.
https://www.farmforum.net/farm_forum/as ... 5eb7f.html
*By 2012, 88 percent of corn (maize) and 94 percent of soy grown in the United States were genetically modified, according to the US Department of Agriculture.
Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2013-06-gmo-corn- ... e.html#jCp
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: US Genetically Modified* Soyabean Feed Proposed for Cambodian Fishfarms

Genetically Modified Soya Good for Cambodia ?
What Genetically Modified Soybeans Could Mean to Cambodia.
Conference Paper · November 2013 

Conference: Conference: International Annual Meeting American Society of Agronomy/ Crop Science Society of America/ Soil Science Society of America 2013
Christina Joy Dittmer
I am an agriculturalist. Up front, that is my bias. However, when I say that I am an agriculturalist, many people are led to believe something different than that means. I am a person that believes that agriculture is essential to the modern lifestyle that Americans are lucky enough to have, and I believe that other countries should not be denied these basic privileges when there are solutions to be had.
Cambodia, being a developing country, has much to gain from working with biotechnology such as genetically modified soybeans. However, this is no small task, and first requires extensive education, outreach programs, and testing checkpoints to ensure quality and safety of the crop produced.
Text paper: https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... o_Cambodia [accessed Oct 05 2018].
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Press release from the American Soybean Association (ASA) concerning their project to sell their genetically modified soybeans to Cambodia as fish food.

ASA’s WISHH, USDA & Cambodian Government Launch CAST Strategic Partnership for Aquaculture
BY American Soybean Association | January 31, 2019

ST. LOUIS (Jan. 31, 2019) – American Soybean Association (ASA) World Initiative for Soy in Human Health (WISHH) leaders joined Cambodian and U.S. government officials and partners today in Phnom Penh to launch a strategic partnership that will grow trade and development of Cambodia’s important aquaculture sector. Cambodia’s Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Veng Sakhon and Chargé d’affaires of the U.S. Embassy in Cambodia Michael Newbill officiated at the launch ceremony of ASA/WISHH’s U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)-funded Commercialization of Aquaculture for Sustainable Trade (CAST) – Cambodia project.

CAST will accelerate production of high-demand fish species for the Cambodian market and develop a lasting aquaculture industry. The five-year CAST project is a prime example of WISHH’s enterprise-driven development approach. A key aspect of the project strengthens local production of high-quality feed and fish. CAST makes it possible for Cambodia’s private sector and universities to work closely with U.S. soybean growers and businesses, as well as academic and non-governmental organizations.

Newbill, who is the U.S. Embassy’s ranking representative in Cambodia, said, “The CAST project is unique because it uses an abundant resource—soy—and utilizes it as a feedstock for Cambodia’s growing aquaculture industry. This project means increased sales of U.S. soybeans to Cambodia. The result will be increased production of locally raised high-quality protein source that Cambodians will enjoy eating and greater ties between our two countries.”

He added, “The CAST project’s goal of increasing aquaculture production is in line with the Ministry’s policies and will improve Cambodian livelihoods. Importantly, it will also reduce pressure on wild capture, which currently accounts for about 76 percent of total fishery production.”

ASA/WISHH connects trade and development. As a trailblazer for trade, WISHH grows markets for U.S. soy farmers, and at the same time, improves lives and economic opportunities in developing countries. WISHH works with international companies and organizations that purchase U.S. soy. These buyers invest thousands of their own dollars to research and promote soy-based foods and feeds made with U.S. soy in emerging markets. Over the last five years, WISHH leveraged soybean farmer checkoff investments by a ratio of more than 6-1.
http://kticradio.com/agricultural/asas- ... uaculture/

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
DrRawBlueGreen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DrRawBlueGreen »

“ The result will be increased production of locally raised high-quality protein source that Cambodians will enjoy eating and greater ties between our two countries.”

Rather high quality poison. GM Food or additives are dangerous. A poor country like Bhutan, for example, doesn’t restrict such products for no reason although they could get higher yields from it. Avoid GMO please.
“If the world was a girl, I’d stick my d..k in the ground. F..k the World.”

“Borders do not make us safe rather they keep us as slaves”
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Genetic modification is impossible to avoid as it happens naturally. Farmers breed the strongest crop changing it's genetic attributes over time. This process is known as evolution or Darwinism

You can take a look at what vegetables looked like normally in the wild to decide yourself https://www.businessinsider.com/what-fo ... ion-2016-1
TheWarrior
Expatriate
Romania

Post by TheWarrior »

fax wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:06 am Genetic modification is impossible to avoid as it happens naturally. Farmers breed the strongest crop changing it's genetic attributes over time. This process is known as evolution or Darwinism

You can take a look at what vegetables looked like normally in the wild to decide yourself https://www.businessinsider.com/what-fo ... ion-2016-1
Yes evolution is a real fact. Before 2 234 576 years ago, the first ancestors of the tilapia were developed, which didnt look as today tilapia because they had legs. Then after 405 435 years, or 1 743 490 years ago , the legs disappeared and the development continued, or tilapia continue to Darwinise. This number are exact number of how evaluation happen to the tilapia develop by "maximus medius" and his boss "maxiums glutemus (or glutemius)", by using optical DNA wave theory.
Thanks for reading.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Farming has significantly increased the speed of mutation. Here is a 300 year old species wild carrot. Thank god for evolution it looks and tastes like a tree root

DrRawBlueGreen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DrRawBlueGreen »

fax wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:06 am Genetic modification is impossible to avoid as it happens naturally. Farmers breed the strongest crop changing it's genetic attributes over time. This process is known as evolution or Darwinism

:facepalm: google hybrid seeds, plants cultivation and genetical modification in a laboratory. then we can have a discussion.

cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

DrRawBlueGreen wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:45 am

:facepalm: google hybrid seeds, plants cultivation and genetical modification in a laboratory. then we can have a discussion.
I did degree level genetics. There's nothing wrong with GM food.
DrRawBlueGreen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DrRawBlueGreen »

cptrelentless wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:24 am
DrRawBlueGreen wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:45 am

I did degree level genetics. There's nothing wrong with GM food.
Hhh ok and fluoride is good for your teeth, right. I guess anyone can research and decide for themselves. I am wondering why Monsanto ( biggest gmo producing concern) gets sued constantly and loses also most of the time. It doesn’t matter what you have studied. There are many “renowned” scientists claiming global warming is man mad. Or docs claiming chemotherapy is the best way to treat cancer, and so on. The whole system is crap. I’ve studied chemistry, so what. Common sense is more valuable than any degree. Who knows what they are teaching us.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic