Hanami Buffet, Corner of Street 63 and MTT Blvd

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
picooie
Expatriate

Re: Hanami buffet 63/MTT

Post by picooie »

Maybe the attitude matches the avatar.

picooie
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

I will have to check out Hanami Buffet this week. Seems it's getting both good reviews... I'll have to judge for myself...
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Chakraphop
Expatriate

Post by Chakraphop »

Tried this place a couple of weeks back, for lunch at $9 per head its a pretty decent deal. Sushi, other Japanese and other Asian stuff is a pretty decent standard, lots of salmon, tuna etc and much much better than ive had at other similarly priced buffets in town. The Italian specials (which you have to order with a strange peg system) are not great, but not terrible. You can eat very well for the price, and for an extra $1.50 you get freeflow beer. Definitely a good place to take locals to try a bit of barang style food. I will be back
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I finally got a chance to go there yesterday. The special was over around two weeks ago but they started it back up again (6.3$ fornlunch).

The place had lots of customers, both locals and expats, but we missed the big rush (went around 1:30). I wasn't that impressed with the food but for a buffet I guess it wasn't bad. Sushi was so-so at best (packed with rice obviously). The cooked Japanese food was alright (loved the friend chicken and other dishes), so was the miso soup. The Italian stand's pizzas were pretty horrible. For some reason they put corn on all bit two styles. Didn't stop me from having four of them though (telling them to not put corn on the last two)... Surprisingly, the crust is great. If they had a nice tomato base it would make for a great Italian pizza. The peperoni/ham one was good, and I sort of enjoyed the smoked salmon one. Surprised me that it actually had huge chunks of smoked salmon (as per the pictures). Desserts were decent too. We left as they closed down at 3pm quite full... For 6.3$ it's a steal but I probably wouldn't go for 9$. Ok overall, but it's a buffet so don't expect gourmet food.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
picooie
Expatriate

Re: Hanami Buffet, Corner of Street 63 and MTT Blvd

Post by picooie »

Last night I took the wife here for their dinner buffet. It was on special for $21.00 per person. The buffet was way different from the lunch buffet. They had Sushimi, sushi, a bbq section where you choose your fish and they bbq it. They had a soba station some stir fry dishes. a undon noodle station plus the pizza station. I did not get to the Italian section because I was so full from everything else. The portions were great and so was the food. $21.00 was a bit expensive but much better than $28.00 for the usual price. I think it was better than the buffet at the Phnom Phen Hotel which was very nice also. The place was not to busy. It was a peaceful place to stuff yourself silly with good Japanese food. The deserts were really good too. This is not an all the time kind of place but very nice for a special dinner.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

^ Nice review, thx! !

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

And this was just on Facebook. No, I don't know what it says:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

I have to check this place out. I hope the 6 dolla lunch is still going.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic