Gout and Staph infection.

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Gout and Staph infection.

Post by PIEMAN »

:beer3: I have been a suker for Gout for maybe 15 yr now,i had a mozzie bite on the ankle that has turned into A STAPH infection,like a fool i just carried on drinking for 3 months and did not give a fuck about it.For 20 days i have been on the wagon and i must say my condition has got worse,i have tried Anti - biotics for the Staph infection numerous tablets for the Gout but too no avail,once i get moving in the morning i aint too bad but i walk dogs for a living and after 3 hrs on my feet i am in constant agony,any advice TIA. :evil:
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Gout and Staph infection.

Post by fax »

Mey Sithatch Dermatology on street 109 on the right side after turning on 110. There are numerous clinics there door to door use the smallest one its run by a guy from SOS but he is only in around or after 14:00 I think
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Go see a doctor today. Don't delay any longer. Seriously.
andy_morris
Expatriate

Post by andy_morris »

Wait, pieman walks dogs for a living.

Dogs go missing a lot.

Pieman makes pies.

Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:50 am Go see a doctor today. Don't delay any longer. Seriously.
^this
See a Western trained doctor immediately.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

Gout occurs as a result of the body being too acidic. Research alkalizing diets on the internet, to make your body alkaline. In simple terms, a vegetarian diet is beneficial. If you have had it for 15 years, it may take many months to get rid of it completely.

If the skin is intact over the staph infection, exposing it to sunlight should be beneficial. Sunlight kills bacteria. Ultraviolet light penetrates the skin and tissues to some extent. You may need to do this for many days to completely get rid of it.

If it is an open sore, after every shower, apply honey to it and wrap it with a bandage. You may have noticed, you can keep honey for many years and it does not go bad. Bacteria cannot live in it. Honey also draws out pus and anything else undesired. Honey also provides nutrition for healing of the skin.

There are many other things you can do. These are just a few simple things.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

^thit.

IF it's what you think it is there's quite some chance the bacteria is resistant and you're in need of a surgical cleaning, The smaller, the better in that case, and apparently it doesn't get smaller with otc antibiotics.

Here's a quote:
If the sore becomes unusually painful or red, get prompt medical attention. If red lines develop, that's a sign the infection is spreading and needs immediate medical attention.
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

:stir: Cheers i had bloods done on thursday for Uric and Glucose which were a tad high but in the range. :beer3:
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Prompt medical attention indeed.

As for the gout: no need to go full on vegetarian and the Alkaline diet is yet another fad. But there are foods you may want to avoid or reduce, such as alcohol, especially beer, meat, processed foods, and some seafood.

I am prone to Gout but manage to keep it pretty well under control, without completely passing up any particular food. The trigger for me is (too much) beer so I try to keep it within reason. Exercise, losing weight, and drinking plenty of fluids also controls gout.

I am no doctor and can only speak of gout through personal experience.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Kammekor wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:04 am ^thit.
Did you just agree with explorer?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic