Ever heard of Thai visa extension being declined?

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
hiway5
Expatriate
Spain

Re: Ever heard of Thai visa extension being declined?

Post by hiway5 »

bittermelon wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:54 pm Considering doing a 10 week course there. So would need to extend the tourist visa. Recent posts about trouble entering Thailand have me wondering if I could get unlucky with an official that doesn't like the look of me. Anyone heard of this happening?
Best to go to office in town with not so many foreigners tho Bluport in Hua Hin is very good. 5 minutes.
Check with your hotel to make sure they have you listed before you go.
You only really need to take the THB1,900. They will have a camera, same as at border.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

photo is attached to the application
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
TheWarrior
Expatriate
Romania

Post by TheWarrior »

Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:09 am if ur staying in a hotel/GH u would never have to give them (immigration) anything, (at least anywhere else in Thailand)
Seems pattaya is getting tougher than anywhere else, as everywhere else in Thailand it ONLY applies to people staying longer than 90 days at one time needing to do a TM30

there is no reason for them to "ring up the hotel " as they are all required DAILY to report who is staying at their gh/hotel
it is their responsibility to report the farang.
Do u put on ur arrival form ur staying at an apt ?
you shouldn't
must be a Chon Buri thing then, but thats what was required, and thats what happened,
these were the forms given...
ImageImage

heres the receipt of notification in my passport...
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by bittermelon »

^^ Thanks heaps for the very comprehensive answers guys. Esp the clarification regarding the accommodation bit, that had me wondering . Course costs $1700 so would have been a bit nervous otherwise. Thailand is a few months off but toiling in the apple trees will be easier now with a clear plan.
Re ACE, yeah I checked them out in Siem Reap last time I was in the K.O.W and was impressed but they don't have the course part-time and I find Thailand cheaper and healthier (except the air pollution maybe).
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

[/quote]

Best go to Thailand, if that is how they spell accommodation in Phnom Penh...
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Joker Poker wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:00 pm Best go to Thailand, if that is how they spell accommodation in Phnom Penh...
Oh, for the love of Christ. Couldn't give your CELTA advert a quick proofread? Yep it's probably best to head to Thailand. Bad form ACE :oops:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic