Blue Card Stolen - Trip to Vietnam planned

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
RichardParpail
Tourist
France

Blue Card Stolen - Trip to Vietnam planned

Post by RichardParpail »

Hello!

I have an Honda Wave, Vietnamese plate, bought here in PP from a Dutch girl who bought it from Tigitmotorbike in Vietnam.
My wallet has recently been stolen, with the bluecard of the bike inside. It is not a problem in Cambodia (or at least I didn't have any yet) but I plan to go to Vietnam in two months and I wonder what can happen at the border.
To avoid paying tax I know the technique about leaving the bike at the garage with helmet and luggage but that doesn't tell me if they check this card.

Tigit told me they generally don't check the blue card for such small moto at the border. Is it true ? If not what could happen ? A bribe I guess?
And maybe some frontier post would more likely check than other ones?

Thank you for your help.
kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Blue Card Stolen - Trip to Vietnam planned

Post by kgbagent »

Ha Tien is a lax crossing
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

Maybe the person with the blue card has reported you as having stole his moto along with your description from info in your wallet
You should not carry the registration card with you take a picture with your phone or have a copy made
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
The Suk Straggler
BANNED

Post by The Suk Straggler »

What do you mean avoid paying tax ... by leaving bike at garage with helmet and luggage? wTf? how can you get bike across border if you leave it in your garage?
RichardParpail
Tourist
France

Post by RichardParpail »

Thanks for the answers, actually other people told me they were not checked at Hà Tiên border..but i'm supposed to do Phnom Penh - Ho chi minh in one day and that's a big detour.

I didn't precise I do have a picture of the bluecard, and the bike should not have been reported stolen in Vietnam (purchased from Tigit motorbike), if that may help in any case.
And if someone reports it stolen here in PP, well that's another problem.

Otherwise khmer friend from my work told me to buy a bus ticket and put the bike inside, but I am not sure they don't check, it seems more suspicious to me.

PS:about the garage, it was a mistake I meant in the parking lot at the border.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

RichardParpail wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:16 pm Thanks for the answers, actually other people told me they were not checked at Hà Tiên border..but i'm supposed to do Phnom Penh - Ho chi minh in one day and that's a big detour.

I didn't precise I do have a picture of the bluecard, and the bike should not have been reported stolen in Vietnam (purchased from Tigit motorbike), if that may help in any case.
And if someone reports it stolen here in PP, well that's another problem.

Otherwise khmer friend from my work told me to buy a bus ticket and put the bike inside, but I am not sure they don't check, it seems more suspicious to me.

PS:about the garage, it was a mistake I meant in the parking lot at the border.
If it is reported stolen then the borders will be alerted
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

Out of interest, is it possible to ride/drive a Cambodian registered motorbike or car into Vietnam without to much hassle,
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic