Cambodian Singer Khemarak Srey Pov Dies in India

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
aisaexplore
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Cambodian Singer Khemarak Srey Pov Dies in India

Post by aisaexplore »

:cry: I feel so sorry, such a young beautiful life disappeared. Wish her Rest In Peace.
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

She was a damn knockout that would stick out in any country. Very odd for someone to have money and let disease progress so far before seeing a doctor that they could not help her. Cambodians sure do seem to not like healthcare in my eyes. Damn shame. RIP.
Still here, in country...
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Dunno whether Mrs Cargo knows what she is talking about but when I said to her this morning 'why this girl go to India for treatment', Mrs cargo said she had already been to Vietnam and Thailand before unsuccessfully..
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

clutchcargo wrote:Dunno whether Mrs Cargo knows what she is talking about but when I said to her this morning 'why this girl go to India for treatment', Mrs cargo said she had already been to Vietnam and Thailand before unsuccessfully..
India used to be popular for dental tourism as it was cheap with western educated practitioners. I wonder if the same might not apply for medical?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Citizen 1010
Tourist
Australia

Post by Citizen 1010 »

Duncan wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:36 am India seems a funny place to send someone from Cambodia for medical treatment .

Anyone have her most popular songs.
India is an absolutely brilliant place to go for medical treatment. Was there in December after being f*cked around in Thailand. Doctors there put five stents into my coronary arteries after doctors in Thailand told me to "come back in two weeks".

So impressed I struck a deal with the hospital in Chennai to send them patients.

My five stents including five days (because of a weekend) in a private room $8,100. My friend in Thailand got two stents at Bumrungrad $15,000 +

Indian doctors: Speak English, train in the UK, listen to the patient.

Can't complain about my Indian hospital experience and ill be going back next month for a by-pass in my leg. 10 day stay in a private room, plus surgery $7,500.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Brody wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:26 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:22 am what?
Stop being obtuse Jamie.

Why the fuck would your nickname in Cambodia be Khemarak?

You say it is due to Srey Pov's brother Khemarak Sereymon.

What the fuck does that mean? Why is that your nickname? To state that without any explanation is odd.
ill start at the basics if you want
ខេមរៈ - to be Cambodian, do the research left yourself
or maybe you forget that i go to the ktvs a lot :unknown:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

India is an absolutely brilliant place to go for medical treatment. Was there in December after being f*cked around in Thailand. Doctors there put five stents into my coronary arteries after doctors in Thailand told me to "come back in two weeks".

So impressed I struck a deal with the hospital in Chennai to send them patients.

My five stents including five days (because of a weekend) in a private room $8,100. My friend in Thailand got two stents at Bumrungrad $15,000 +

Can't complain about my Indian hospital experience and ill be going back next month for a by-pass in my leg. 10 day stay in a private room, plus surgery $7,500.
[/quote]

Included with the high level of medical care in India, it is a well established place to receive kidney transplants (It states she had kidney disease). I know of a few high-level Cambodian officials who have received a new kidney there. Seems that India has many "willing" donors?
Kayve
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kayve »

cambo swa wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:38 am Included with the high level of medical care in India, it is a well established place to receive kidney transplants (It states she had kidney disease). I know of a few high-level Cambodian officials who have received a new kidney there. Seems that India has many "willing" donors?
This. Also liver.
They have "willing" donors going with them from Cambodia.
Don't forget the water buffalo
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Citizen 1010 wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:27 pm
Duncan wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:36 am India seems a funny place to send someone from Cambodia for medical treatment .

Anyone have her most popular songs.

i think nearly all Doctors/GPs in the UK are of some sort of Indian Origin haha theres so many
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic