Attractive & Stylish White Woman is Helping Phnom Penh Street Kids

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Re: Attractive & Stylish White Woman is Helping Phnom Penh Street Kids

Post by Hotdigr »

frank lee bent wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:43 am as the name implies, private messages are just that
private
publishing the contents count as "outing" especially when only partially accurate
This is something I have never understood. If someone sends me an abusive PM because,say, they don't have the balls to say it in public, why then am I expected to "respect" their privacy? I didn't request them to send it to me, so why do I have to keep it private?
Also I always thought "outing" someone was exposing their real identity and linking it to their online "handle" ? How is saying in public "Frank Lee Bent called me a poo poo head in a PM" outing him?
Just interested is all!
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

prahocalypse now wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:48 am
JUDGEDREDD wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:33 am Needs more updates, this is my online soap opera of choice these days. It has everything!
If you like the online soap opera, you should hang out at Riverside. You could be lucky enough to see some live theatre.
I'll be starstruck!
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

JUDGEDREDD wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:07 pm
prahocalypse now wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:48 am
JUDGEDREDD wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:33 am Needs more updates, this is my online soap opera of choice these days. It has everything!
If you like the online soap opera, you should hang out at Riverside. You could be lucky enough to see some live theatre.
I'll be starstruck!
Say the wrong thing and you'll be struck.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

Hotdigr wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:52 am
frank lee bent wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:43 am as the name implies, private messages are just that
private
publishing the contents count as "outing" especially when only partially accurate
This is something I have never understood. If someone sends me an abusive PM because,say, they don't have the balls to say it in public, why then am I expected to "respect" their privacy? I didn't request them to send it to me, so why do I have to keep it private?
Also I always thought "outing" someone was exposing their real identity and linking it to their online "handle" ? How is saying in public "Frank Lee Bent called me a poo poo head in a PM" outing him?
Just interested is all!
If someone is given a private message shouldn't they be free to do what they want with it as it belongs to them ?
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

I don't think so because it was said in confidence under the assumption of privacy. People say different things depending on who listens. You would tell a friend a secret but not yell it on the street.

Abusive messages is not really a problem because they can be reported. I did once and was not banned for violations of privacy.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

:shock: :shock: :shock:
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Attractive & Stylish White Woman is Helping Phnom Penh Street Kids

Post by rozzieoz »

Oh my god!
If that was a man he would be in jail.

If a man treated her like that she would be screaming for his blood.

Non-consensual violence is unacceptable, whether it’s woman on woman, woman on man or man on woman. The boundaries and consequences should be the same - there should be no double standards here.

I am absolutely horrified that this woman thinks she is some sort of role model.

Admin please remove the word “stylish” from the topic.
Last edited by rozzieoz on Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Sounds like the guy called Christmas is videoing and calling out to stop it, stop it.

Doesn't look like gentle push..
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

clutchcargo wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:54 pm Sounds like the guy called Christmas is videoing and calling out to stop it, stop it.
That is that African guy named Christmas.

Ellis had been dreaming of a black Christmas and when she took him home, all her Christmases came at once.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic