Introduce Yourself

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Midland
Tourist
United States of America

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Midland »

Just moved here, been lurking in preparation. Flew into Siem Reap and heading down to PP in the next couple of days.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

Welcome to Cambodia and CEO
aisaexplore
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by aisaexplore »

Richard here, from the States. I’m going to visit Cambodia in March 15, I’m glad I found this website, so I can do some homeworks before I go.
DrRawBlueGreen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DrRawBlueGreen »

Hey ppl waz up
I’m a Kurdish guy who thinks about moving to Cambodia. I will probably come this year for a month or two to check it out. My English skills aren’t perfect so I apologize in advance.

Question to Mod. As I can’t send a PM I’ll ask here.
I get frequently asked to choose a flag. However there is no flag of Kurdistan and I refuse to choose any other than the Kurdish flag. Please either upload the flag of Kurdistan or let me go without any flag or just throw me out if u can’t accept any of the options.
Regards BlueGreen
“If the world was a girl, I’d stick my d..k in the ground. F..k the World.”

“Borders do not make us safe rather they keep us as slaves”
The Suk Straggler
BANNED

Post by The Suk Straggler »

Hi folks

I’m moving to PP later this week after three years in BKK. I’m 51 and retired with US govt pension and disability benefits ... bad back from w*%king in a warehouse for 22 years.

Ive lurked here for about a year ... and have been posting a lot on ThaiVisa... but some of those guys can be a-holes haha.

Looking forward to participating hope you don’t mind if I ask some q’s ... have been to Cambo five times before but mostly short visits. Got a regular girl I see there but it’s not serious don’t want a serious gf from a bar.

Steve
richardwiediger
Tourist
United States of America

Post by richardwiediger »

Hi, I'ma retired American, living in Thailand for the past 6 years. I'm considering Cambodia, due to the current situation in LOS. I just got my e-visa and want to start my search for a suitable place to lay my head. I haven't purchased my airline ticket for Siem Reap yet, because I don't know when I'll return, I will probably apply for a visa extension, once in Cambodia. My question is this ::, has anyone ever been turned around (denied entry to Cambodia) for not having a return ticket?
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

I came a few times in Cambodia with out a return ticket, no problem at all.
If you're looking for a place to live: https://www.expat.com/en/housing/asia/c ... siem-reap/
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
Funflyer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Funflyer »

Australian of retirement age. Currently living in Perth but have previously lived in Thailand (8 years) and Cambodia (1 year). I have a Cambodian partner and two kids age 7 and 6 who are all in Australia at the moment. Looking to return to live in Cambodia to live within the next 12 months. I am a qualified teacher and have previously taught at ACE. I will probably look for some part time work when we return. I'm looking forward to being a member of this forum. :P
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Tombain51 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:20 am Australian of retirement age. Currently living in Perth but have previously lived in Thailand (8 years) and Cambodia (1 year). I have a Cambodian partner and two kids age 7 and 6 who are all in Australia at the moment. Looking to return to live in Cambodia to live within the next 12 months. I am a qualified teacher and have previously taught at ACE. I will probably look for some part time work when we return. I'm looking forward to being a member of this forum. :P
I hope for the kids sake that you stay in Australia.
Am I wrong to think like that?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Funflyer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Funflyer »

Thanks for the thought Duncan! It's certainly a big decision. Oh one hand an undoubted better education system in Oz! On the other hand extended family and learning Khmer! It will be a tough decision and any more thoughts would be welcome
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic