BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

Post by Username Taken »

The Suk Straggler wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:42 pm I tried to create my account yesterday using my regular outlook email address ... and it got rejected as spam? Wouldn’t send me a verification code very weird
Maybe your email address has been used for spamming. Doesn't mean you are a spammer though.
Could be that someone on your mailing list has malware and had their mailing list stolen and is using those addresses to spam.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Username Taken wrote:
The Suk Straggler wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:42 pm I tried to create my account yesterday using my regular outlook email address ... and it got rejected as spam? Wouldn’t send me a verification code very weird
Maybe your email address has been used for spamming. Doesn't mean you are a spammer though.
Could be that someone on your mailing list has malware and had their mailing list stolen and is using those addresses to spam.
Yeah, our anti-spam software seems to flag Hotmail and Outlook accounts as spammy more often than any other emails.

We've reached out to them and they say it's working fine, but something is up.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

That Cambo Quick ad in the top sure is reloading often. Is it broken or are you trying to boost impression numbers? I'm lucky I don't have epilepsy =@
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

fax wrote:That Cambo Quick ad in the top sure is reloading often. Is it broken or are you trying to boost impression numbers? I'm lucky I don't have epilepsy =@
LoL. It should reload just as often as the Bitcoin one. Refresh a hundred times and tell us the figures. Murray's Place is gone, as they're not taking any new tenants and turning it into a massage joint.

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
walkjivefly
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by walkjivefly »

Just tried to send a PM to a single recipient, got a rather stupid "You tried to send a private message to too many recipients." error.
What's the voodoo incantation to be able to send a PM?
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

walkjivefly wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:51 pm Just tried to send a PM to a single recipient, got a rather stupid "You tried to send a private message to too many recipients." error.
Ouch. I'd say try again, as you should have no issues sending a single message to a single member. If it happens again send us a screenshot of the error.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

walkjivefly wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:51 pm Just tried to send a PM to a single recipient, got a rather stupid "You tried to send a private message to too many recipients." error.
Used to happen to me. Close the session and start again is what worked if I remember.
I just sent you a PM to see if it was working and I guess you got my xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx message.
Try again.
walkjivefly
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by walkjivefly »

Anchor Moy wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:28 pm
Used to happen to me. Close the session and start again is what worked if I remember.
I just sent you a PM to see if it was working and I guess you got my xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx message.
Try again.
Last PM I received from anyone was on 27/10/2018.

Managed to send one from a "start new private browser" windiw. Maybe it was a cookies/cache glitch.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

I can't see Facebook video/picture links on my laptop chrome browser application of CEO eg Explorer recently posted a FB video on the Oh You Internet thread but I just see a blank space.

Then again, when I look it up on my android phone with the chrome app the video shows up fine.

Any suggestions?
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

clutchcargo wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:53 pm I can't see Facebook video/picture links on my laptop chrome browser application of CEO eg Explorer recently posted a FB video on the Oh You Internet thread but I just see a blank space.

Then again, when I look it up on my android phone with the chrome app the video shows up fine.

Any suggestions?
I hate to start with the basics, but maybe best to start by clearing your browser cache.

I just checked, and I can see it embedded on Chrome Mobile and Chrome Desktop, and as a link on TapaTalk, so that would lead me to believe it's an issue on your end. Try clearing your cache and see if it starts working, and let us know if not.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic