BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

Post by Username Taken »

"GONK knows I'm in Myanmar, it's no secret."

Are you for real? GONK knows so therefore I should know too.
Yeah, right. Like he's going to msg me immediately to tell me "Hey, gav's in myanmar".
You really are self-centered. It's not all about you gav/cam/ron/Wanker!

As for which of your accounts to ban, do you really think we should give you the choice? Get real.
Stinkman
Expatriate

Post by Stinkman »

Is there a forum rule that stipulates only one account per person is allowed?
Wanker Wat
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Wanker Wat »

Username Taken wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:30 pm
As for which of your accounts to ban, do you really think we should give you the choice? Get real.
Of course you should give me the choice. I'm transitioning. I now identify as Wanker Wat.

Cam Nivag was kind of a douche, anyway.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

This is a long thread and being a relative newbie, I dunno whether it is has already been canvassed before but is there any merit in keeping the up and down karma system restricted for members only? In other words, members cannot give karma to mods and similarly mods cannot give members karma. Of course post commentary can still go both ways.

Seems to me mods have a unique role and enough on their plate keeping tabs on things to have to concern themselves with disaffected members that want to give them negative karma and commentary that way. Equally I think members place more emphasis on whether they get karma from a mod (good or bad). In a sense, is there not a bit of conflict of interest being a mod with the power to control conversations and threads yet also participate as a general member?

I dunno if what I'm suggesting is too left field/radical or even if that would have any appeal to the mods? Anyway, I thought I would run the idea up the flagpole.. shoot away if required.. :wave:
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

I've found some users would go through old posts and try to dish out negative Karma as a reaction to you giving them negative karma. You can't really do much to combat that while leaving the Karma system in place. I suppose you could limit the amount of negative Karma a person gives out or limit the amount that can be directed to one specific person. Maybe this is all a pain in the ass so just removing it is the reasonable solution.

I guess we shouldn't really worry about a Karma rating too much anyway, not like we can redeem it for value. I've grown past worrying about my small karma and have found medication for my karma-ile disfunction thank you very much.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

moot point as it is suspended largely due to abuse by trolls
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

For a guy with a foot fetish, Gavin sure has a lot of socks.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Wanker Wat wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:49 pm
Username Taken wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:13 pm
fax wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:53 pm The negative karma button disappeared. Positive vibrations
Were you planning on dishing out some neg karma?

It has been removed as some people like to give other members dozens of neg karma in a row. Childish innit?
Let's be fair about this. I downvoted like 4 posts that a certain moderator posted over the last two weeks. Although I have multiple accounts, I never downvoted a post from more than one account, as that would not be sporting. Nor did I "mass downvote" dozens of his posts willy nilly just to stir shit. If you're accusing me of that, provide evidence.

The thing that got fluky was that I would downvote this moderator's post, and then a few minutes later the downvote would disappear. I didn't even know that the moderators could tinker with the vote scoring like that, but apparently they can secretly remove downvotes on their own posts if they think the downvotes are "unjustified." Then I would re-downvote the same post, and a few minutes later, the downvote disappears again. Downvote it again, it disappears again. That probably did happen about a dozen times.

This particular moderator has, over the past few months, downvoted a number of my posts. I didn't think were particularly "justified," but also didn't really care about it, of course I didn't have the power to improve my posts' scoring by removing the downvotes.

I don't think your upvote/downvote system was broken but I accept your decision to remove the downvoting, it's probably for the best. There were also threads derailed by posters demanding to know why they were downvoted, and in the interest of making things friendlier it's probably not a bad idea to get rid of downvoting.
wait:: :please:
here's a sock down voting mods posts an admitting to having various accounts .
and he s still here??
WTF

get rid of karma,
bring in a LIKE button, which signify's you like the post nothing to do with the poster!
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Has the edit post function gone? I went to edit one of mine I made earlier this morning and it's gone..

Edit: but I can on this one..

Or is there some sort of time limit?
The Suk Straggler
BANNED

Post by The Suk Straggler »

I tried to create my account yesterday using my regular outlook email address ... and it got rejected as spam? Wouldn’t send me a verification code very weird
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic