More Chinese Takeover in Sihanoukville

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: More Chinese Takeover in Sihanoukville

Post by frank lee bent »

one of the shooting victims has since died.
he was a builder
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... rwvsN7NLAu
Big'n
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big'n »

Like everything else they touch.

Chinks have turned it into one big shithole.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

shnoukieBRO wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:12 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:31 pm
ExPenhMan wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:32 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:27 pm
ExPenhMan wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:56 pm @Jamie_Lambo I thought I'd sent you a PM of thanks for the LK tour a few days ago but it seems to have disappeared into the ether. Anyway, I had to get to Bangkok a couple of days early so missed a second run to LK. Thanks to you and your bud. "Kink Club is, well, . . . LOL. :beer3: One thing, LK is cheaper than Bangkok on booze alone. Next time :hattip:

Back to Vietnam next weekend.
yeah bro was another fun evening, the football was good too :beer3: i didnt get back to my room until 6am, ended up down walking street, was destroyed lol :suicide:

Let me know if you swing by this way again, just got an apartment in Naklua
Well done. LOL. I'm also considering Naklua in the next couple of months. Got a couple of friends in one of the Lumpini Villes. They love it there.
yeah theyre meant to be nice, was going to check them out myself, but still a bit close to Pattaya with a lot of bars near by, im in the main part of the town opposite the fish market on the beach, lovely area, nice and peaceful and quiet but with lots of local streetfood, shops, coffee shops, local cafes and markets, 7/11+familymart round corner and all sorts around, yet only 10-15 ride away from LK Metro area, and also my apartment and motorbike are both cheaper than i was paying in Phnom Penh
Where and how much? 😀
$185 per month
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by shnoukieBRO »

Thanks. Central pattaya or Naklua?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:20 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:27 pm

yeah bro was another fun evening, the football was good too :beer3: i didnt get back to my room until 6am, ended up down walking street, was destroyed lol :suicide:

Let me know if you swing by this way again, just got an apartment in Naklua
Well done. LOL. I'm also considering Naklua in the next couple of months. Got a couple of friends in one of the Lumpini Villes. They love it there.
yeah theyre meant to be nice, was going to check them out myself, but still a bit close to Pattaya with a lot of bars near by, im in the main part of the town opposite the fish market on the beach, lovely area, nice and peaceful and quiet but with lots of local streetfood, shops, coffee shops, local cafes and markets, 7/11+familymart round corner and all sorts around, yet only 10-15 ride away from LK Metro area, and also my apartment and motorbike are both cheaper than i was paying in Phnom Penh
Where and how much? 😀
$185 per month
1 bedroom or studio? Thats cheap (5,800 baht)
sea view condos in Jomtien start aorund 8,000
I lived in Naklua back in 84, 3 bedroom house, yard, air cons, telephone, ( this before mobiles) 8,000 baht 10 minutes to downtown Patttaya
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:12 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:20 pm

Where and how much? 😀
$185 per month
1 bedroom or studio? Thats cheap (5,800 baht)
sea view condos in Jomtien start aorund 8,000
I lived in Naklua back in 84, 3 bedroom house, yard, air cons, telephone, ( this before mobiles) 8,000 baht 10 minutes to downtown Patttaya
yeah the fishmarket area of Naklua is great location, far away from the hustle and bustle, but only a 10-15 minute drive to central Pattaya, i bet the area hasnt changed a great deal since then either
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by shnoukieBRO »

Cheers.
Don't you like staying in central pattaya?
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by logos »

shnoukieBRO wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:20 pm Cheers.
Don't you like staying in central pattaya?
That might be ok for a few days but if you want to keep your sanity , if you stay there long time you would want a quieter area. Cheaper too, no pollution.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:21 am 25 January 2019
The Governor of Preah Sihanouk talks about the measures taken by the provincial administration to organize public order at construction sites, and says they are also working on solving the problem of sewage discharge into the sea and elsewhere in Preah Sihanouk province.

The Preah Sihanouk governor began taking measures today to clean up some of Sihanoukville's more scenic (ie. most visible) garbage tips.
[Note to forum members - can you move Living in Thailand discussions elsewhere eg. Thailand forum or General Chatter or Rest of the World ? Thanks.]
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

We can see we have a problem here, but as I always say,,,, the problem is always the end result of something. The solution is to find and fix the cause of
the problem,,,, then you will no longer have a problem. If you dont fix the cause, you will never fix the problem.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic