How to drive in a snow

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
TheWarrior
Expatriate
Romania

How to drive in a snow

Post by TheWarrior »

For the people that have not had a chance to live in a place where has snow. Here is the instructions from the "experts" how to drive in a snow.
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Re: How to drive in a snow

Post by Sidewalker »

Thanks, with the coming climate chance, we need the instructions when it's snowing in Cambodia :beer3:
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

I learnt my snow driving in a Cooper S around 1970, great times! :D

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

whats makes them an expert?
just cause their on the news??
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

It’s just solid common sense. Drivers need to be reminded to use some once in a while to avoid dangerous situations like snow.

But front wheel drive and rear wheel drive cars handle snow differently.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Carefully.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

As an Australian, the only "snow" I've driven on involved a bag and a straw while I was at the wheel.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

One of the reasons I live in place that ‘snows’ maybe once or twice a year. Snowflakes in the morning, all melted away by the afternoon. No shoveling out the car to go to work, no driving on snow, no sliding on black ice, no getting rock salt or sand inside the house.

I’d rather fly somewhere to experience the fun of snow without the drudgery of living with it.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

I've been driving in the snow since i was able to drive;
East Coast, ( Md, NY,Pennsylvania, Vermont)
Sierras in Ca,( Tahoe, Yosemite)
Colorado
Switzerland
France

Driving with 2wd, 4wd and all wheel drive

LOve it
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Lol. I vote this as the most useful topic posted on a Cambodian forum. Have you even tried explaining snow to Cambodians ? I can't even explain what it's like to be really "cold". :shrug: It does not compute.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic