BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jasper
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

Post by Jasper »

Yeah, I changed themes and the problem’s solved.👍🏾
Milk was a bad choice
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

If I post a comment then try and send a PM it says I can’t “post” so soon after.

Little bit annoying.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Jasper wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:23 pm Yeah, I changed themes and the problem’s solved.👍🏾
Ok, great! I guess that's more of a 'work-around' so it will still go on our list.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Hey Dave. I shaved a bit of 'wait time' between posts, so try and see if that helps.

Posts and PMs are considered the same thing by our software, and we limit the frequency at which someone can post.

I'm tempted to disable it for long standing members (really anyone who's not a spammer, such as a good sir like yourself), but that could be trouble if an account got hacked and it could rapid fire spam at an insane rate, so I feel we can't do that. Hell, even our accounts on the Mod Team are limited like that.

So, I've shortened the time required between posts/PMs a bit, but let me know if you run into that issue again. As you might have figured, from time to time we get bombarded with spam, and the longer time it takes for them to post again a lot smaller of a headache it is for us. And for you too, I guess, as when they do get past our security check points they have sometimes make about 20 posts before we grab them by the neck and squeeze the life outta them.
davegorman wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:27 pm If I post a comment then try and send a PM it says I can’t “post” so soon after.

Little bit annoying.

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

This site seems a bit slow today. Taking a long time to load and posting pics always timed out. Two laptops and phone have same problem so it's not the computer and have no problems loading on other sites.

Should I blame the weather.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Duncan wrote:This site seems a bit slow today. Taking a long time to load and posting pics always timed out. Two laptops and phone have same problem so it's not the computer and have no problems loading on other sites.

Should I blame the weather.
Let us know if it continues. It could be any number of reasons, like our server, your internet provider, your DNS, the weather, Homeland Security, user error, downloading 20 torrents in the background, etc.

That said...

We've reset everything just now, so if it was on our server's side, it should be snappy again. See if that works and sorry about that.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Most likely your internet connection.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Back to normal now. Hey dont blame me for panicking, if it was the start of the world ending I just wanted everyone to know I saw the first signs.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Please move the Mark forums as read button. It is 2 pixels below the menu that leads to Active Topics link. Accidentally clicking the Mark forums as read button marks every single post as read without confirmation. Its too easy to click by accident. Bad UI
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

The negative karma button disappeared. Positive vibrations
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic