HELP! Korean Kookmin Bank stole all our 1.5 Million USD investment- Cambodia corruption at its best.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: HELP! Korean Kookmin Bank stole all our 1.5 Million USD investment- Cambodia corruption at its best.

Post by taabarang »

Yoda has spoken, yes he has.

One does grow weary of his imagined scenarios that he tries to pass off as solutions which obviously stem from no personal experience in Cambodia.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: HELP! Korean Kookmin Bank stole all our 1.5 Million USD investment- Cambodia corruption at its best.

Post by Brody »

davegorman wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:43 pm
explorer wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:40 pm This type of thing does happen.

He says he is American but writes as if English is not his first language. It is possible it is a Cambodian who moved to America, but does not speak English 100%. We may never know.

The moral of this story is: Dont bring a large amount of money to Cambodia. Just as there are small scams, there are large scams.
Yoda has spoken, yes he has.
taabarang wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:52 pm Yoda has spoken, yes he has.

One does grow weary of his imagined scenarios that he tries to pass off as solutions which obviously stem from no personal experience in Cambodia.
frank lee bent wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:51 pm explorer gets a lot of unwarranted harassment by other members for entirely unobjectionable posts and it is going to stop.
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

:wave:

Ok. I think I’ll just read and not post.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Well I suspect that you may be considering my criticisms of his posts "harassment" while I consider them justifiable counterpoints. Many of his posts are mere repetitions of what has already been stated by previous posters or is lamentably too highly imagined to be true. As an example of the latter I refer you to his highly unforgettable post on the etymological origins of Cambodian place names.

In short if he is correct he is unoriginal and if he is original he is wrong. I certainly don't expect everything written on this forum to be true, but I do have a high regard for relevance; I can make exceptions to the latter for posts written for comic effect. But no one who continuously writes Balderdash and actually expects me to believe it is
untouchable.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

taabarang wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:14 pm Well I suspect that you may be considering my criticisms of his posts "harassment" while I consider them justifiable counterpoints. Many of his posts are mere repetitions of what has already been stated by previous posters or is lamentably too highly imagined to be true. As an example of the latter I refer you to his highly unforgettable post on the etymological origins of Cambodian place names.

In short if he is correct he is unoriginal and if he is original he is wrong. I certainly don't expect everything written on this forum to be true, but I do have a high regard for relevance; I can make exceptions to the latter for posts written for comic effect. But no one who continuously writes Balderdash and actually expects me to believe it is
untouchable.
So, would you consider his posts objectionable or unobjectionable?
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

So, would you consider his posts objectionable or unobjectionable?

Mostly I consider them unoriginal or uninformed. At best naive and not beyond reproach.
Kayve
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kayve »

davegorman wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:32 pm
Felgerkarb wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:08 pm
davegorman wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:34 pm
Felgerkarb wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:37 pm I cannot attest to the validity of this particular claim, but I can state for the record that this sort of theft does occur in Cambodia. I have worked three separate cases dealing with this sort of thing right here in Phnom Penh over the last year. It never ended well for the victims.

The key to doing big business in Cambodia is having a member of the inner circle as a sponsor...if you don't, do not do business here.
How big is the inner circle?
I’d imagine quite large, maybe 400 people?
Much, much smaller. I have seen true inner circle people steal from high level types that THOUGHT they had pull...they don't.
Is Chea Sophara in that circle?
Is. Not. *wink wink*
Don't forget the water buffalo
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

taabarang wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:43 pm Mostly I consider them unoriginal or uninformed. At best naive and not beyond reproach.
And you've made your opinion known...again and again and again and again, with your haughty, snide replies to his posts.

Might I suggest, as you're so fond of doing, put him on ignore, or report his posts.

The forum leadership have made their feelings known on the matter. I suggest you fall in line.

It takes all kinds to make a world. As the saying goes. The same might be said for a web forum.
frank lee bent wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:51 pm explorer gets a lot of unwarranted harassment by other members for entirely unobjectionable posts and it is going to stop.

...and, for Christs' sake Taa, learn how to use the quote function, will ya?
Last edited by Brody on Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Seems Taa and I agree on something.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic