HELP! Korean Kookmin Bank stole all our 1.5 Million USD investment- Cambodia corruption at its best.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
davegorman
BANNED
France

Re: HELP! Korean Kookmin Bank stole all our 1.5 Million USD investment- Cambodia corruption at its best.

Post by davegorman »

Felgerkarb wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:08 pm
davegorman wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:34 pm
Felgerkarb wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:37 pm I cannot attest to the validity of this particular claim, but I can state for the record that this sort of theft does occur in Cambodia. I have worked three separate cases dealing with this sort of thing right here in Phnom Penh over the last year. It never ended well for the victims.

The key to doing big business in Cambodia is having a member of the inner circle as a sponsor...if you don't, do not do business here.
How big is the inner circle?
I’d imagine quite large, maybe 400 people?
Much, much smaller. I have seen true inner circle people steal from high level types that THOUGHT they had pull...they don't.
Is Chea Sophara in that circle?
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: HELP! Korean Kookmin Bank stole all our 1.5 Million USD investment- Cambodia corruption at its best.

Post by Brody »

davegorman wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:32 pm
Felgerkarb wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:37 pm I cannot attest to the validity of this particular claim, but I can state for the record that this sort of theft does occur in Cambodia. I have worked three separate cases dealing with this sort of thing right here in Phnom Penh over the last year. It never ended well for the victims.

The key to doing big business in Cambodia is having a member of the inner circle as a sponsor...if you don't, do not do business here.
Much, much smaller. I have seen true inner circle people steal from high level types that THOUGHT they had pull...they don't.
Yeah davegormless, Felg is really going to delve into what he either does or does not know about the specific individuals directly involved with the internal machinations of Cambodia's super elite, right here on CEO.

Offer to buy the man a beer and sit with him in a dark corner of his bar of choice and maybe he'll indulge you.
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

Brody wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:48 pm
davegorman wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:32 pm

Yeah davegormless, Felg is really going to delve into what he either does or does not know about the specific individuals directly involved with the internal machinations of Cambodia's super elite, right here on CEO.

Offer to buy the man a beer and sit with him in a dark corner of his bar of choice and maybe he'll indulge you.
I didn’t realise he needed someone to speak for him?
It was an attempt at a joke. I just picked a random politician.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

davegorman wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:12 pm It was an attempt at a joke.
hilarious
davegorman wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:12 pm I didn’t realise he needed someone to speak for him?
He doesn't but you posted this on a public forum, and I commented.

PM him the next time you have a shitty idea for a joke and you don't want anyone else commenting.
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

Brody wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:15 pm
davegorman wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:12 pm It was an attempt at a joke.
hilarious
davegorman wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:12 pm I didn’t realise he needed someone to speak for him?
He doesn't but you posted this on a public forum, and I commented.

PM him the next time you have a shitty idea for a joke and you don't want anyone else commenting.
Keep your hair on mate.
Someone spill your noodles?
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Way to go guys you're the man.
the story is illogical and the delivery reeks of 419
you want to buy it, go ahead
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

Is Fokker in the inner circle of trust?
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

This type of thing does happen.

He says he is American but writes as if English is not his first language. It is possible it is a Cambodian who moved to America, but does not speak English 100%. We may never know.

The moral of this story is: Dont bring a large amount of money to Cambodia. Just as there are small scams, there are large scams.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Hello OP
What is the point of this post ? I don't think you will find much insight here on a financial scam committed almost 10 years ago through a Korean bank. I imagine that you have had your lawyers on to this for years, so what sort of insight and advice do you expect here ?

OP:
This is my first post, more to follow, hope to get some feedback.
We haven't been to Cambodia for the past 5 years due to our safety concerns.

anyone can offer insight and advice would be greatly appreciated.
any question, please ask.
the document will be provided when needed.
Thank you for reading the post.
So, my question to you is, why did you post this here and now ?
Don't take offense OP, but the only reason that I can see for a post like this is to smear someone or something by publicly accusing them of criminal behaviour. However, it's not a good idea to make allegations like this, and I still don't see the point. Maybe I've missed something, but what are you asking for ?
Best, AM
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

explorer wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:40 pm This type of thing does happen.

He says he is American but writes as if English is not his first language. It is possible it is a Cambodian who moved to America, but does not speak English 100%. We may never know.

The moral of this story is: Dont bring a large amount of money to Cambodia. Just as there are small scams, there are large scams.
Yoda has spoken, yes he has.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic