getting paid late....

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
wolfcreek
Expatriate
United States of America

getting paid late....

Post by wolfcreek »

Have any of you school teachers ever had your pay delayed for some unknown reason?
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: getting paid late....

Post by PIEMAN »

:beer3: i aint a school teacher but know a few and late wages is very common :bow:
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

wolfcreek wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:31 pm Have any of you school teachers ever had your pay delayed for some unknown reason?
PIEMAN wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:25 pm i aint a school teacher but know a few and late wages is very common
Welcome to scambodia. They are in a position of power, and believe they can treat you like that. When you leave the job, they will say you broke the contract, so you probably wont get paid any money owing. Some people choose to leave just after they get paid to minimize their losses. But that may be bad for your reputation. Go into the office and complain, and maybe you will get paid sooner. Ask other teachers at the school about their experience.

Have you learnt yet, students from wealthy families have to get good grades, even if they are lazy and learn very little.

Maybe you will find some schools or universities treat you better.

Some of us have heard so many stories like that, we prefer to earn money in our home country, so we dont need to earn money in Cambodia.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by bittermelon »

Far out explorer, the guys possibly a tad nervous waiting for his pay- I would be too. No need to try and bum him out even more with the old standard- "your fault for being a teacher". And I was actually feeling guilty for accusing you of being condescending a while back.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

I'm getting paid too early by my Cambodian employer almost each month.

Example: pay for this month hit my account earlier today. Not due until next Thursday!
wolfcreek
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by wolfcreek »

I don't work, just asking for a friend. Big school, and not the first time it has happened he says. Usually the pay comes on time but occasionally a few days late...
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

wolfcreek wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:54 pm I don't work, just asking for a friend. Big school, and not the first time it has happened he says. Usually the pay comes on time but occasionally a few days late...
If the pay does come, it is not a major problem.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
lipservice
Expatriate

Post by lipservice »

Wait till they give you the hint that you're really not needed.
Call the Cops :assasin:
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

explorer wrote:
wolfcreek wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:54 pm I don't work, just asking for a friend. Big school, and not the first time it has happened he says. Usually the pay comes on time but occasionally a few days late...
If the pay does come, it is not a major problem.
For whom?
Yourself or the guy who needs to pay his rent with his wages?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

wolfcreek
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by wolfcreek »

But the school insists that teachers follow all the rules (lesson plans; clocking in and out on time; dress code, etc) and yet it doesn't even follow the rule of paying employees on the promised day. What kind of message does this send to the employees - "do as we say, not as we do"? Anyway, it can't help morale in the least, especially for those employees who are living paycheck to paycheck.... I was just wondering if this is a common occurance at the schools here....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic