Cadillac / Manhatten / Harry's Bar - New Menu

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Cadillac / Manhatten / Harry's Bar - New Menu

Post by Doc67 »

Thought this would be of interest to members for information purposes only - it's not a promotion or advert, I have never eaten there...

ImageImageImage
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Cadillac / Manhatten Bar - New Menu

Post by frank lee bent »

more expensive than USA
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

frank lee bent wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:52 am more expensive than USA
Prcies on par with Bouchon Wine Bar, but their venue is good and they have an excellent wine selection. Check the menu with pics here: https://web.facebook.com/bouchonwinebar/menu/

fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

The starters list is a reason alone to redo the whole menu again. S1, S2, S4, S3. Wrong order and the next one has the same name as the torture museum. I would like one S21 please, with extra waterboarding yes.

B1, B2, B3, B5

There is 2 M11
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

fax wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:54 am The starters list is a reason alone to redo the whole menu again. S1, S2, S4, S3. Wrong order and the next one has the same name as the torture museum. I would like one S21 please, with extra waterboarding yes.

B1, B2, B3, B5

There is 2 M11
Numbering menu items is an easy cop-out from training your staff.
Wanker Wat
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Wanker Wat »

Staff speaking English as second language can’t easily be trained to accurately understand spoken orders of up to 100 dishes from customers from multiple countries who may speak imperfect English themselves. Numbering removes a lot of room for miscommunication. Even Larry’s does it.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Wanker Wat wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:43 pm Staff speaking English as second language can’t easily be trained to accurately understand spoken orders of up to 100 dishes from customers from multiple countries who may speak imperfect English themselves. Numbering removes a lot of room for miscommunication. Even Larry’s does it.
I've worked in Vietnam and Cambodia for the last 24 years and not once did I have a numbered menu. What next, photos?
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Don't mention free WiFi please. Every single place has it, it's nothing special and is considered a standard by now. It kind of annoys me when I walk into a restaurant and they have free WiFi signal in the window as if I should be attracted to the place because of it. It's not 1998 anymore.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Wanker Wat
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Wanker Wat »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:32 pm Don't mention free WiFi please. Every single place has it, it's nothing special and is considered a standard by now. It kind of annoys me when I walk into a restaurant and they have free WiFi signal in the window as if I should be attracted to the place because of it. It's not 1998 anymore.
High end restaurants don’t have free WiFi and shit restaurants don’t have free WiFi.
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by Queef »

troll wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:08 pm
frank lee bent wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:52 am more expensive than USA
Are you joking? Tell me where in the USA you can sit in air conditioned place with free (fast!) wifi on the most popular street in capital city with highest rents etc. and get bacons and eggs for under $2. I'll buy you free breakfast for a month if you can name one place!
Denny's and Ihop. They have value menus. Value Grand Slam at Denny's is $4 (two pancakes, two eggs, two bacon strips). The two pancakes go for $2. Subtract the pancakes and you got yourself two eggs and two bacon strips for $2. Adjusted to the cost of living in Phnom Penh, that would be less than $1 for eggs and bacon.
You owe me breakfast for two months now. Sunny side up and applewood smoked bacon please. Thanks
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic