If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About K440, Put It H

Post by EdinWigan »

I am not sure having areas for lots of areas for different countries would really work. To much clicking to be done. You could have a single area called 'Over the Border' maybe but then again we already have 'The Rest of the World' maybe it just needs a name change and a make over?

All this talk about CEO being PC and Touchy Feely, well yes it is and if you do not like it fuck off, lol :whip:

Those 5th columnists have died down not, because you members chose to ignore their transparent attempts to destabilise CEO. They will, however, be back in another guise. They need to, there is not much to do on the other forum.

We need to reflect on how we are at this point. I humbly suggest, it is the ability to flex a little and see others points of view, even though we do not share them.

If someone becomes focussed not on a flowing discussion but on winning, not loosing, they have simply missed the point and will, in time drive away the nice people. I am not saying do not discuss or even argumentatively discuss but if you sole focus is to win your argument, well this is not right and I can give you 440 reasons to man up, grow up and chill out.

To respect another right to have an opinion will make you the winner, maybe not in the eyes of your opponent but in the eyes of the whole forum.

Do you want to focus on winning the battle or be on the winning side in the war?

Read, Think, Reflect and Act

Act for the greater good, rise above the ego
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
UKJ
Expatriate

Post by UKJ »

I've been lurking on 440, and thought it's been quite good! Instead of " fuck off", they now just tell noobs to use the search function. Still obviously daft, as it's stifling threads, but it's an improvement. Some interesting threads.

Why is there so much secrecy over the Cambo sex scene on forums? It's barely mentioned there, and is an invitation only secret society on here. Let's be honest, it's what many visit Asia for. An open section would be popular with visa trippers etc. Years ago I'd to join GGC to read about it, which was strange, considering how open Thai and PI forums were. It's like CEO has went along with that, for no apparent reason. Cambo threads on poker forums talk freely about it, why not Cambo specific forums?

How much did 440 sell for? I saw some ludicrous numbers mention on the first page of the Stickman sale thread.
Dr Anik
Expatriate

Post by Dr Anik »

I was under the impression the 'Thailand' section on 440 was suggested by Phuket, rather than a copycat scenario, but may well be mistaken. Also, remarks were made regarding no new threads on 440...this puzzled me, so I had a count up of new threads and there are plenty...don't get it really.

A lot of puerile chat on this thread to be frank; K440 doesn't have a CEO slagging thread and probably about time this one faded away...just sayin'...peace all.
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by EdinWigan »

Dr Anik wrote:I was under the impression the 'Thailand' section on 440 was suggested by Phuket, rather than a copycat scenario, but may well be mistaken. Also, remarks were made regarding no new threads on 440...this puzzled me, so I had a count up of new threads and there are plenty...don't get it really.

A lot of puerile chat on this thread to be frank; K440 doesn't have a CEO slagging thread and probably about time this one faded away...just sayin'...peace all.

:good: Plus One
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

UKJ wrote: Still obviously daft, as it's stifling threads, but it's an improvement. Some interesting threads.
Agreed, much improved, but still lacking.

As far as our secret "VIP Nightlife Section" goes...

One thing that is different from many other sites is that several of us know each other in real life. We go out of our ways to meet other cool expats on here, and many known people wouldn't want to share much if everyone in the community can see it and also know who they are.

Once people know you, a forum isn't much different than a public Facebook group in that regard.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Dr Anik wrote:I was under the impression the 'Thailand' section on 440 was suggested by Phuket, rather than a copycat scenario, but may well be mistaken. Also, remarks were made regarding no new threads on 440...this puzzled me, so I had a count up of new threads and there are plenty...don't get it really.

Agreed. It still doesn't have nearly as much new stuff coming in as it did 6 months ago.

I could sit at work, typing away and couldn't keep up with all the new stuff the day I was "working."

Not so any more.

So, they don't have one so we should follow suite, LoL? Image

Anyways, this thread is for anyone who wants to comment here about K440, JUST AS YOU DID JUST NOW, LoL.

And if it was a "slagging" thread, we'd delete anything good said about them, but it's not, so we don't.

I'm still baffled by CEO members that want LESS freedom, LoL.

:hattip:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
UKJ
Expatriate

Post by UKJ »

General Mackevili wrote:
One thing that is different from many other sites is that several of us know each other in real life. We go out of our ways to meet other cool expats on here, and many known people wouldn't want to share much if everyone in the community can see it and also know who they are.

Once people know you, a forum isn't much different than a public Facebook group in that regard.
Makes sense.
So you need a separate section that discusses it :D The section you already have can be a clique of people who know each other IRL ( and could be hidden), and an open section, where people know they have to tone down what they say, if they are married etc, or have family reading the board. Just now, tourists are getting their Cambo info on Thai and poker forums. That's surely a missed opportunity at signing up new members?
Dr Anik
Expatriate

Post by Dr Anik »

@GenMac..fair enough..I suppose this is the 'Asinine Arena' after all; I forgot about that momentarily ..lol
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

Dr Anik wrote: A lot of puerile chat on this thread to be frank; K440 doesn't have a CEO slagging thread and probably about time this one faded away...just sayin'
They had several CEO threads with tons of views and posts that got locked a while back (previous owner). If those threads weren't locked they would still be commented on regularly. Still some occasional mild CEO slagging posts from a few over there, even without a dedicated thread on the topic.

And discussing K440 is not necessarily slagging them. Plenty of posters here openly defend and promote that forum. That is allowed here too, but try promoting CEO over there and see how far you get. It's a no-no in their published forum rules. K440 is as open an area of discussion here as any other topic...and it's Cambodia related so it's fair game. Whoever wants this thread to "fade away" can always stop clicking on it. %)
Dr Anik
Expatriate

Post by Dr Anik »

Soi Dog wrote:..Whoever wants this thread to "fade away" can always stop clicking on it. %)
True that.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic