White girls speak khmer

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
violet
Expatriate

Re: White girls speak khmer

Post by violet »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:03 am sorry Mate, ur wrong, what the fuck does compatible have to do with anything???

The only way to learn a foreign language, ( the way the US state dept teaches all their officials, the peace corps and the language school in Monterrey,Ca) is your teacher cannot explain anything in the language you understand.
otherwise you will Always be translating back and forth from ur language to the one ur trying to learn.
it will take twice as long...

If ur teacher says "Vous tous, fermez-la et asseyez-vous"

he/she does not translate it so u understand, he/ she ACTS it out so you will always combine the act with the words and not
translate the above to
"All of you, just shut up and sit down"

When i learned french in Africa we were not allowed to speak English anywhere on campus and our teachers did not speak a word of english
Richard, what age we're you when learning English?
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

violet wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:49 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:03 am sorry Mate, ur wrong, what the fuck does compatible have to do with anything???

The only way to learn a foreign language, ( the way the US state dept teaches all their officials, the peace corps and the language school in Monterrey,Ca) is your teacher cannot explain anything in the language you understand.
otherwise you will Always be translating back and forth from ur language to the one ur trying to learn.

he/she does not translate it so u understand, he/ she ACTS it out so you will always combine the act with the words and not
translate the above to

When i learned french in Africa we were not allowed to speak English anywhere on campus and our teachers did not speak a word of english
We are not you. Violet doesn’t speak for all of us!
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

TheWarrior wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:36 am
prahocalypse now wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:30 pm
TheWarrior wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:33 pm I'm not that much into barang girls. BUT I would study with that blond girl on the video. Looks like she has a good vibe. Where is she from anyway?
She's from Memphis, but she lives in Pittsburgh now.

She's a physician.
O well time to move on then:)
That seems the sensible thing, the chances of an attractive American doctor having an interest in anyone here is on the remote side.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

davegorman wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:06 pm

translate the above to

??? What? I asked a question. I didn't speak for myself, let alone anyone else.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Kayve
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kayve »

violet wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:10 pm

translate the above to

Don't forget the water buffalo
Kayve
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kayve »

Kayve wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:25 pm
violet wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:10 pm

translate the above to

Belgian Joke :dragonchase:
Don't forget the water buffalo
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Bloody autocorrect catches me out every time.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Sorry Richard but you are misinformed. Without delving into detail I. was a former Romanian student at DLI. It was a demanding and intense year, but they didn't try to make it impossible.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

violet wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:32 pm Bloody autocorrect catches me out every time.
Maybe Richard has the same problem.
aisaexplore
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by aisaexplore »

Actually Khmer is a really cute sounded language, these two girl made it sound even cutter. But how did they speak, I have no idea.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic