Only in Cambodia ....

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
davegorman
BANNED
France

Re: Only in Cambodia ....

Post by davegorman »

It’s not even that old, what 2010?
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Yeah, i had to have a chuckle with this one given how precious mac users are. Wacking Win10 on a mac is tantamount to sacrilege.. :ROFL:
Artisan
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Artisan »

Should have been Ubuntu.
pebbles&nightsky
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Well at least you don't have an overpriced underpowered fashion accessory anymore, just an overpriced under powered illegitimate likely to break in 2 months windows mactop.

Probably worth getting a copy of mac iOS whatever it is and reformatting it... or whatever it is Mac users do.
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

Mac users are an odd bunch but then they always have been, back when Macs were only used for DP.

I used a Mac (Pro) and found the OS more intuitive than Windows.
Moe
Expatriate

Post by Moe »

They corrected the symptom, but neglected the root cause. They clearly forgot to hold the exorcism rituals prior to installing a superior OS on the laptop - it was destined to fail. You'll never get anyone out of the iCult with that sort of tactic.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

That's not even 10, that's Windows 8.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

All it required was a stable internet connection and a little patience. iOS downloads from Apple servers, which is a little slow getting to Cambodia. Hotel internet was a little wonky which prevented me from doing it myself last time.

Instead tech repair does the lazy thing - a nuke and pave. Windows machines typically last 3 years after normal use.

Thank goodness all missus is using it for is filling out the I-130a form.

As for Mac vs. Windows, y’all know where I stand now.

I’ve just put on the big boy pants. Flame away Mac haters!
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

V.H.S.- Betamax.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

respondingtpost
Tourist

Post by respondingtpost »

newkidontheblock wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:08 pm All it required was a stable internet connection and a little patience. iOS downloads from Apple servers, which is a little slow getting to Cambodia. Hotel internet was a little wonky which prevented me from doing it myself last time.

Instead tech repair does the lazy thing - a nuke and pave. Windows machines typically last 3 years after normal use.

Thank goodness all missus is using it for is filling out the I-130a form.

As for Mac vs. Windows, y’all know where I stand now.

I’ve just put on the big boy pants. Flame away Mac haters!
What do you mean windows machines last 3 years? How does the os have any effect on how long until there is a problem with the hardware?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic