French Expat MATTHEW CLAVIES Gets Robbed by GSM Bar Girl in Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: French Expat MATTHEW CLAVIES Gets Robbed by GSM Bar Girl in Phnom Penh

Post by cptrelentless »

Triggered
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

I like kicking white guys in Cambodia when they're down more than anyone, but I have to say I find their story quite believable. Many expats actually do have stories of bargirls randomly showing up their doors, perhaps because a prior customer once lived there.
Bernhardow
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bernhardow »

Joking ... but, serious. LOL
Artful Dodger
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Artful Dodger »

AmericanSteve wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 10:51 am The John's story sounds made up but I'm curious: how much would a 31 y/o prostitute like her cost for all night?
Would cost your dignity.....
Water quenches the thirst, alcohol releases the truth.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

We may be barking up the right tree.... but at the wrong squirrel!!

Is the flatmate a guy? I am thinking it is as it was a wallet the girl took not a purse... and it was the flatmates room according to the johns girlfriend.

Maybe he is the reason the girl was there.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Yup, she even mentioned the brass said she was looking for a passport belonging to xxxx.

Probably flatmate is the monger
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

It's fake news.. He is not the " future husband" ..

who would write that anyway?? is it just the way she speaks or saying that because she wants to show her deep commitment to him and/or someone's future husband wouldn't do such things?
I suppose he would just go short time hotel... not that I know anything about that..
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Biggest non-event ever.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

i dont want to be sceptical as i myself have awoken to find a girl who had let herself into my apartment before (i did know her though, she was actually my stalker and i awoke to her cleaning my apartment, a little startled to find my stalker inside my place i quickly booted her out, then felt a little guilty... as she had actually done a really good job of cleaning my place :plus1:)

anyway back to this... the 2 stories from the fiance and the friend dont really add up...

She says... The door was open as usual in the morning as we try to bring fresh air in the dining room. She walked pass the gate of the house and went to our flat upstairs. She entered the first open bedroom she saw and took a wallet that was on a wardrobe.

He says... Here is what really happened. I know this guy very well. He woke up randomly like every day to go to work NEXT TO HIS GIRLFRIEND, and arrived in the living room where he saw the girl that sneaked into the house...

maybe its just their explanations, but if he woke up next to his girlfriend (im not doubting that) and they both arose that morning to find the woman in their apartment... who the hell left the door open to let the fresh air into the dining room allowing her to gain access to the room, surely it couldnt have been their flat mate seeing as his wallet was still in the apartment? was he still there or?

again i dont want to be sceptical as when i lived in Sihanoukville my door was often left open, but not whilst i was asleep in another room, plus im guessing it would be pretty hard to open it whilst still asleep, as i say, maybe poor explanations...
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Confused. 1 story she snuck in, another story she begged to be let in. She went to the flatmates room, so perhaps it is him who needs to do some explaining rather than this couple. Rally I think that it would be fairere not to name anems and post pictures of the victims, but we proabbaly could mnake a case for posting a picture of and identifying the suspect.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic