52 Arrested for Drugs in Phnom Penh KTV Raid

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

52 Arrested for Drugs in Phnom Penh KTV Raid

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh, Cambodia News: Shortly after midnight, on January 19, 2019, Special Force (K8) and (A3) drug squad officers raided PRO KTV on Monivong Blvd in Phnom Penh and arrested 58 people suspected of using drugs. After a police drug test, 52 of the suspects tested positive for drug use.
The suspects detained by police were an international bunch of 29 Chinese nationals, 23 Vietnamese nationals, 2 Thai nationals, 3 Cambodians and 1 Korean man. Unidentified pills and powder were seized as evidence.*
The Korean owner Chea Cheong Min, the manager Nguyen Tuan Nah, a Vietnamese national,and Hut Choeng, Cambodian deputy-manager of the KTV, were taken for questioning. Two women staff members were detained and released.

* UPDATE: Police confiscated 2,05g of ecstasy, 6,58g of ketamine, and 97,08g of methamphetamine.
Last edited by CEOCambodiaNews on Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: 52 Arrested for Drugs in Phnom Penh KTV Raid

Post by PIEMAN »

:beer3: im glad i stay in at night :hattip:
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

Ah,h they didn't want to smile for the police pictures??? I actually feel like I was catfished by the before and now photos.

In the picture with all the perps and table of confiscated gear, there is a brown tube type thing I cannot figure out what it is. It's on the table in the back right. Any ideas as to what it could be?
Still here, in country...
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

That's one fuggly bunch of druggies.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

by Bigred » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:41 am
... I was discussing having my suitcase stolen.

It looks like those chicks stole Ellis's suitcase.
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

Quote:""It looks like those chicks stole Ellis's suitcase.""
You like to startup a locked topic again? :facepalm:
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Sidewalker wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:09 pm Quote:""It looks like those chicks stole Ellis's suitcase.""
40,000 views, 697 posts and 70 pages :good:

But wait there's more: 'Most users ever online was 3011 on Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:06 pm' That time coincided with her announcement and ranting vids that she was sleeping on the street with her adopted family.

....need we say more? 8)
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

clutchcargo wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:22 pm
Sidewalker wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:09 pm Quote:""It looks like those chicks stole Ellis's suitcase.""

But wait there's more: 'Most users ever online was 3011 on Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:06 pm' That time coincided with her announcement and ranting vids that she was sleeping on the street with her adopted family.

....need we say more? 8)
On Fri Feb 23, 2018 this site had 6675 users online, and that was before the topic of Ellis
Oh dear, how sad, never mind :beer3:
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
Sherman's mate
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Sherman's mate »

Well, I for one, still think that she had a couple of good days left in her. :bow:

Although, I’m not sure if the same could be said of the Riverside Photographer. :evil:

That thing on the table, the brown tube thingy top right, I had to zoom in on it, but I’m reasonably sure that it’s a piece of bamboo.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Sidewalker wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:25 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:22 pm

....need we say more? 8)
On Fri Feb 23, 2018 this site had 6675 users online, and that was before the topic of Ellis
Source?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic