Stay away from Rattanak House on 19th Street.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
backpacker33
Tourist
United States of America

Stay away from Rattanak House on 19th Street.

Post by backpacker33 »

I got this apartment from a Mr. Sophea who I found online.

This place is a gigantic rip off. They have you sign the paperwork, and then they give you a list of the plateware, half of which are missing.

Then they charge you $8 for a $2 glass if it is broken.

People have come into my apartment while I was not here, and several items were missing.

I came home yesterday and they had turned on both air conditioner's full blast. I never use the air conditioners as they just eat electricity.

The fan they gave me is old and also eats electricity.' I am going down to the market and buy a new fan and not use the old one as it is just a way for them to charge you outrageous rates for electricity.

I had them remove all of my plate ware and all of my glasses. I then went to the market to buy my own, and paid $27 for everything that they had listed for $400.

I am breaking my lease come the 1st of February even if it means I will lose my $430 deposit.

This place sucks.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Re: Stay away from Rattanak House on 19th Street.

Post by prahocalypse now »

backpacker33 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:02 am I got this apartment from a Mr. Sophea who I found online.

Where did you find Mr. Sophea online?

Could you please provide a link?
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

Stay in a Hotel or rent your own place where only you can go inside. Thank you for the warning anyway.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

[Mod edit: unhelpful post removed]
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Cam Nivag wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:35 am [Mod edit: unhelpful post removed]
You're one of those "glass half empty" kind of guys, right?
backpacker33
Tourist
United States of America

Rattanack Hotel

Post by backpacker33 »

Hello everyone,

My apologies to the man who I thought was insulting me, and actually he was not. I have forgot your name, but wanted to apologize.

After several discussions with management, they agreed to live up to their end of the bargain, fired the individual who had entered my apartment without purpose when I found both air conditioners running. They installed a battery code safe which they had promised me beforehand, and a rice cooker which is usable.

So, I will be staying till the end of my lease, and then be moving on.

I did want to comment while I did receive some helpful advice, I also received some rather ignorant and rude comments.

I had thought that this site was to help each other and not to insult people. For those of you who sent negative comments and rude suggestions, may I suggest counselling as you seem to be very angry.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

wow a $10 rice cooker
U drove a hard bargain, good on ya
bet it makes all the dif in the world
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

So did you get to find out what this (since sacked) individual was doing entering your apartment while you were out? And why leave your air conditioning turned on after they left?
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

clutchcargo wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:28 pm So did you get to find out what this (since sacked) individual was doing entering your apartment while you were out? And why leave your air conditioning turned on after they left?
Impressing a street hooker. Toby keith who's your daddy comes to mind :ROFL:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic